• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gktrack
    replied
    Re: College PV Frosh Shine

Originally posted by Marlow
    The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades . . .
    ...and looking further into the future, Californian Kaitlyn Merritt smashed the 14 year-old age group record vaulting 12' 10 1/4" earlier this spring, and now as a 15 year-old freshman, is quickly approaching none other than Morgann Leleux H.S. freshman record (also the 15-16 year-old USATF "intermediate" age group record, I believe) of 13' 1 3/4"

Leave a comment:

• Dave
    replied
    Re: College PV Frosh Shine

Originally posted by Marlow

American vaulting is looking up this spring as two college frosh are breaking out.

Arkansas's Andrew Irwin leads the NCAA with 18-9.5 (5.72) and is still a Junior (that 5.72 is an AJR) with a Jan 93 BD.

Georgia's Morgann Leleux is 2 months older (still 19, but not a Junior), and she has already cleared 14-6.75 (4.44).
    And that 5.72 is an "A" standard and if IAAF ever gets up to date, it is tied for 2nd in the world right now. It is also tied with Walker for the top outdoor US vault of the year. Mr. Irwin is also the 2nd youngest vaulter on the IAAF PV chart. Definitely, an outstanding breath of fresh air in an otherwise dismal story.

Since when has 5.72 been the second highest vault in the world in mid May in an Olympic year????

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    started a topic College PV Frosh Shine

College PV Frosh Shine

American vaulting is looking up this spring as two college frosh are breaking out.

Arkansas's Andrew Irwin leads the NCAA with 18-9.5 (5.72) and is still a Junior (that 5.72 is an AJR) with a Jan 93 BD.

Georgia's Morgann Leleux is 2 months older (still 19, but not a Junior), and she has already cleared 14-6.75 (4.44).
Working...
X