Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Track and Field Stuff

I did a search for Canada and didn't come up with any recent postings so sorry if anything is a repost.

As a fan, I am feeling quite good about where Track and Field is going in Canada right now. 2nd Year of the NTL: National Track League is coming.

Donovan Bailey Int`l Edmonton has: Richardson, Tramell, Faulk, Brown, Porter, in the hurdles. Walter Dix, Yohan Blake, Hurdlers: Lopes Schliep, Holder,George,Felicien, and Whyte. Tianna Madison, Sheri-Ann Brooks, Chandra Stirrup, Lerone Clarke, Daniel Bailey, Jared Connaughton, Justin Rhodhe, Dylan Armstrong.....

Harry Jerome Vancouver has: Ashton Eaton, Armstrong, Rae Monavous Edwards, Kara Goucher, Nate Brannen, Felicien, Whyte, George, Holder, etc..

http://www.nationaltrackleague.ca/

also.. Victoria, Toronto, Moncton, Halifax.

After the past few Olympic cycles of debate over too tough of standards, generally I am glad A.C. stuck to their guns. The prospective Olympic Team that is shaping up might not win a slew of medals but looks to be heading in the right direction.

Looking forward as most are to the 100 Hurdles Final at Nats, to see what Aaron Brown and Cameron Levins bring down the road, Theiseen, Zelinka, Abdulai in the Hep, Armstrong and Rhodhe in Shot, Drouin and Mason in HJ, and J.C. in the 200.

I have always liked the on going Aussie thread so if anyone wants to add on to this, discuss, etc. let`s go for it.

Re: Canadian Track and Field Stuff

There is no shortage of Canadian posters here (although I am not one of them); welcome.

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing Sheila Reid in a Canada singlet at London.

Comment

Cam Levins had an impressive closing sprint at the end of the NCAA West Regional 10000 last night in Austin. Of course, beyond the NCAAs, in a bigger puddle, there's this thing known as "the world" which will be in London.

Comment

Win and again a SB, after one in Ostrava, for Dylan Armstrong today in Hengelo. 21.44 on his 3rd attempt. Justin Rhode 5th with 19.38 after his 3rd place in Ostrava.

Zelinka 4th at Gotzis after day one with 3876. Let's hope for a good l.j. Just needs a 5950 to fulfill the Canadian Olympic Standard to go with her 9th place finish from Dageau; After that a top 3 at Nats.

Pulling for some A+/A standards tomorrow in Hengelo for Nate Brannen (3:35.50) and Simon Bairu (27:45.00) For Bairu, he would join Cameron Levins and Mohammed Ahmed who have the A+ and all 3 would then only need a top 3 at Nationals. When was the last time 3 Canadians were entered in the 10000m at an Olympics?

Comment

The[West Regional] 5000 featured not only Cam Levins but Mo Ahmed as well.

Comment

SORRY OFF THE TOP if I forgot anyone!

2012 NCAA Canadian Qualifiers

MEN
              100M
              6 Aaron Brown SO USC
              13 Ian Warner JR Iowa State
              200M
              16 Aaron Brown SO USC
              5000M
              7 Cameron Levins SR So. Utah