Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VCB 22.38 in Ostrava

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: VCB 22.38 in Ostrava

    Originally posted by notorious
    Solomon had the fastest time in the world last year in the 200m. 22.14 I believe from the US trials.

    That was just luck. Solomon is a hit and miss kinda girl. She ran that time once and wasnt near it before or after trials. Don't bet on her unless you like paying out.

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: VCB 22.38 in Ostrava

      Originally posted by TrackDaddy
      When she won the 60m WC it told me what I needed to know...that she'd come off the bend in the lead. This was after Felix had countered with a jab and nice indoor pr of her own. Then Felix drops a new 100m pr adding additional intrigue.

      See...even though Felix has had trouble catching VCB when she leads off the bend, she's often closing near the tape. In NY back in 2010, Felix would've caught VCB if she had 3 more meters.

      This is about Felix's sprint speed to counter VCB's. Endurance this time around will go to Felix. VCB better have the lead off the bend so she can extend it in the first few strides with superior transition. Because Allyson Felix will be coming, closing, flying... hell bent on getting gold. I expect the race we saw from Felix in Osaka ...so only a rested VCB will have a chance.

      If VCB doubles, she'll lose to Felix in London. Even if she doesn't double... she still might.

      All the 400 work of the last couple years will pay off For AF in London in the 200m final.

      AF will run 21.56 or so.

      Print this.
      VCB had a freaking cramp in 2O10 comming off the crub in 2010. she was going to stop running, but she said that she didn't want to disapoint her fans and that is why she continued running that rcae.She was on her way to a 21.80 somthing until her she started cramping.Running 21.98 while cramping is amzing.VCB wants that god medal in the 200 and if she stays healthy nobody is going ot beat her

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: VCB 22.38 in Ostrava

        VCB's advantage, as mentioned above, but not always cited, seems to be her superior transition. That is 'free speed', pure gain.

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: VCB 22.38 in Ostrava

          Using previous seasons as a guide, with 10.94/22.38 at the end of May, VCB is probably where she needs to be.

          Looking at her seasons over the last four years by roughly this time of year before the JAM Trials she was at:

          2008 - 10.91/22.38
          2009 - 11.04/22.58
          2010 - 11.02/22.32
          2011 - 10.76/22.32w

          The only slight concern is the way she ran her 200m in Ostrava with a little bit lacking in her final 50m, she seemed to be searching for the line but history shows she improves her 200m throughout the season and peaks when it matters.

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: VCB 22.38 in Ostrava

            Originally posted by Speedster
            Using previous seasons as a guide, with 10.94/22.38 at the end of May, VCB is probably where she needs to be.

            Looking at her seasons over the last four years by roughly this time of year before the JAM Trials she was at:

            2008 - 10.91/22.38
            2009 - 11.04/22.58
            2010 - 11.02/22.32
            2011 - 10.76/22.32w

            The only slight concern is the way she ran her 200m in Ostrava with a little bit lacking in her final 50m, she seemed to be searching for the line but history shows she improves her 200m throughout the season and peaks when it matters.
            That is my concern as well. She ran indoor this year and thus, I assume she was working on her sprint speed/starts alot. Maybe, she didn't get in as much endurance training as she normally would if she had skipped the indoor season. We will just have to wait and see. She will be need to ready at the trials for both 100/200m

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: VCB 22.38 in Ostrava

              Originally posted by notorious
              That is my concern as well. She ran indoor this year and thus, I assume she was working on her sprint speed/starts alot. Maybe, she didn't get in as much endurance training as she normally would if she had skipped the indoor season. We will just have to wait and see. She will be need to ready at the trials for both 100/200m
              Last time she won world indoors in 2010 she came outdoors and ran 10.78 with a much improved start and then raced to a great 21.98 with cramp so I don't think the indoor season needs to have impacted on her endurance training. VCB is known for her work ethic, dedication and ability to rise in Olympic years, the only risk could surround her less than clear coaching situation and if she's trying something new this year.

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: VCB 22.38 in Ostrava

                Originally posted by running4life
                VCB wants that god medal in the 200 and if she stays healthy nobody is going ot beat her
                If VCB doubles and Felix doesnt VCB will DEFINITELY lose the 200.

                Osaka flashback, jack.

                A rested Felix will crush a field of 200m doublers (Jeter, VCB, etc) in London.

                I like VCB but she better eat her Whaeties.

                See...for the last couple of years AF has been grinding out these 400m races for a reason...London. But not for the 400 like people think, I think the investment has been for the deuce.

                Add to that her new 100m pr which she may lower again at trials. IF she drops it in the 10.8 range she'll be in VCB's drawers off the bend.

                Imagine what happens now. An extremely fit and fast Felix -after her Daegu double and a boatload of 400m races under her belt- now turns her focus solely to the 200m.

                :shock:
                The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: VCB 22.38 in Ostrava

                  Originally posted by 26mi235
                  VCB's advantage, as mentioned above, but not always cited, seems to be her superior transition. That is 'free speed', pure gain.
                  Yes sir. AF isn't as smooth transitioning to the straight as VCB and seems to lose a meter or so during that segment of the race. But once she's in the straight she's a beast. The way VCb has managed to keep her at bay is nothing short of impressive.

                  But if VCb doubles in London and faces an AF who doesn't, Felix may leave the track littered with her remains.
                  The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: VCB 22.38 in Ostrava

                    Originally posted by fasttrack85
                    That was just luck. Solomon is a hit and miss kinda girl. She ran that time once and wasnt near it before or after trials. Don't bet on her unless you like paying out.
                    Its all about poor form and wasted energy for Solomon who is one of the best raw talents in the world. Go back and notice the structure in her form when she dropped the 22.1 and then see her before and after that race. Her form would pound a joker on the playground but against professionals the inefficiency hurts her. If she ever gets a coach who can discipline her into correcting it permanently, she'll no longer be an outlier in the 200m conversation.
                    The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X