X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Golden South Classic Orlando FL 26 May

Originally posted by Dutra5
    Originally posted by notorious
    I am not going to get too excited about Bledman's 9.89.
    What an absolute SHOCK!!!!

Let him duplicate or better that time on the DL circuit against some good competition and then, I will be a believer.
    Sure. :lol:
    I have seen these "fast times"on Florida tracks before that many times are not worth much elsewhere.

I will remain a skeptic until he proves otherwise.

Comment

I have seen these "fast times"on Florida tracks before that many times are not worth much elsewhere.I will remain a skeptic until he proves otherwise.
      Yeah, because we know ALL Florida tracks are suspect (Golden South is not in Clermont)!
      Dude, your obvious bias is showing again . . . :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
        I have seen these "fast times"on Florida tracks before that many times are not worth much elsewhere.I will remain a skeptic until he proves otherwise.
        Yeah, because we know ALL Florida tracks are suspect (Golden South is not in Clermont)!
        Dude, your obvious bias is showing again . . . :roll:

Me bias.No way

Comment

Marlow said:

"Yeah, because we know ALL Florida tracks are suspect (Golden South is not in Clermont)!
          Dude, your obvious bias is showing again . . . "

Yes but they used the same timing crew and system so might as well be although the track in Clermont is a faster surface than Golden South track.

Comment

Europe just called, they said that its not that they are biased or conceited, its just that they have accepted the fact that the world thinks that races ran on their tracks are"da shit" even with Rieti and all.

Doha just called, and they said to tell ya'll ; "we know the feeling".

Comment

Originally posted by sprintdoc
              "Yeah, because we know ALL Florida tracks are suspect (Golden South is not in Clermont)! "
              Yes but they used the same timing crew and system so might as well be although the track in Clermont is a faster surface than Golden South track.
              Same timing crew and system??!! That's even an even more absurd thing to say. Yeah, OK, Florida timing systems are faster!!! :roll:

Comment

just because a time is legitimate doesn't mean the athlete can repeat it; and just because an athlete can't repeat it doesn't mean it wasn't legitimate. Padgett never repeated his '08 trials times and we can say the same for many other athletes. That said, ...3 years running and Bolt hasn't reproduced his times; we could say the same about Fraser-Pryce, too.

The question is do we take away MJ's 19.32, or Powell's 8.95 or any number of other athletes who never repeated their best marks or do we just ignore notorious? Hmmm. I think I will ignore notorious.

Comment

Originally posted by preston
                  just because a time is legitimate doesn't mean the athlete can repeat it; and just because an athlete can't repeat it doesn't mean it wasn't legitimate.
                  Well said. Needs to be repeated on a regular basis.

Comment

Working...
                  X