Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two SEC hurdlers attain U.S. Trials "A" marks

In the women's 100 hurdles event today in the SEC Outdoor Championship, Lolo Jones of LSU set a new track record with a 12.83 mark, the third fastest American time this year, and tenth fastest world time.

I the men's 400 hurdles, Kerron Clement of Florida also set a track record with a 48.77, the fourth fastest American time and tenth fastest world time this year.

Congratulations to these two for their terrific winning marks. There were several other athlets competing today that met American "A" standards, but they either had already made "A" marks, or were foreign athletes competing at SEC schools.

The full results are at http://www.cfpitiming.com/results/index.htm

Re: Two SEC hurdlers attain U.S. Trials

Kerron Clement is Trinidadian not American - but even more impressive is the fact that he's still a junior.

Comment

So is there a reason the men's PV, 1500, and 5K results aren't up??? Why can't results be put up in a timely manner???

Comment

>In the women's 100 hurdles event today in the SEC Outdoor Championship, Lolo
        >Jones of LSU set a new track record with a 12.83 mark, the third fastest
        >American time this year, and tenth fastest world time.

Those stats you refer to are about a week or so out of date, in Arizona on Saturday at the pac10 championships, Sheena Johnson of UCLA streaked to a comfortable 12.79 (or 12.76 if you read the bit below by from the UCLA collegesports.com website) in the 100H.

"100m Hurdles - Sheena Johnson defended her Pac-10 title, winning with a personal-best time of 12.76 (0.0 wind, stadium record, No. 2 on current USA chart, No. 2 in UCLA history, No. 3 in Pac-10 history). Sani Roseby was second, in a time of 12.96 (personal-best, No. 4 in school history/ last night, Roseby ran a then-PR of 12.97)."

Here is the website from the meet itself with the time of 12.79
        http://www.flashresults.com/2004_Meets/ ... 07F009.htm

Either way 12.79 or .76, it was fast. A lot of the UCLA athletes, both Men and Women are peaking at the right time and surely one the most anticipated matchups at the NCAAs will be Sheena VS. Lolo in the 100H, now I would pay big bucks to see that except that I'm a bit far away at the moment way down in the Southern Hemisphere.....

Comment

Mens 400 hurdles

Just perused the link to the SEC results page, thanks for that! WOW, what a blistering 400Hurdles final --- 4 guys under 50 -- in a conference meet?! AND none of them was named Rickey Harris. GEEZ those florida gators hurdlers must have some great workouts together. What happened to Harris in the final, noticed that he ran a respectable 50.17 in the prelims, but a clunker of a 54 in the final. Injury?
          Regardless, that too should be a great race at the NCAAs, what with the emergence of UCLA freshman Brandon Johnson (48.85 on Saturday -- see posts below)going head to head with that entire SEC gang.
          Great to see some young US guys emerging in the 400H. We've had about a decade of mediocre times after the heyday of the 80s with Moses, Harris and Kevin Young.

Another guy to look out for is Jason Richardson a high schooler from Texas running 51s and 36 300h. Anyone know where he plans to continue his studies? I do know that LSU got a good one --- he almost chose UCLA :-{ --- in florida's Xavier Carter (400-45.55, 200-20.69), but the track team may have to take a backseat to the football team where he is rated as a top wide reciever...

Comment

Re: Mens 400 hurdles

I must admit I missed that Clement is from Trinidad. The Florida athletic site bio makes no mention of his nationality, and notes he graduated from a high school in Texas. The Tilastopaja website has been down on and off, and was down, I couldn't find Clement listed at IAAF, and he wasn't listed at USATF.

I should have done a web search on his name. His time must be pretty high on the all-time juniors list.

When you add Wariner and Williamson of Baylor to the rest of the collegiate 400 guys, the NCAA field could yield top times close to what we will see in the Olympics this year. Just an amazing year in the 400!

Comment

Re: Mens 400 hurdles

Jason Richardson is going to South Carolina...

Comment

Working...
              X