Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶NCAA m400—Tony McQuay (Florida) 44.58 (CL)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA m400—two World Champs teammates

Originally posted by Marlow
    Torrin Lawrence gets no love?
    He was among my "dark horses" this Olympic year...
    His 44"07 leg in the 1600m relay yesterday prooves his talent isn't dead.
    I wish this young talent to recover his fantastic shape at the indoors 2 years ago.

Comment

Re: NCAA m400—44.67 CL for McQuay in semi

Lawrence 44.04, actually.

Proving (well, indicating) once again that the 400 would be a far better race if they did it as a one-turn stagger (like the 800) and then broke for the pole. Too many good marks are wasted because of the inability to run to max when stuck with not enough people around you. Let everybody race to the rail and watch the times drop. (Yes, you'd also watch a lot of people drop, but hey, that's how short-track speed skating became an Olympic favorite; we could do a lot worse)

Comment

Originally posted by gh
        Proving once again that the 400 would be a far better race if they did it as a one-turn stagger (like the 800) and then broke for the pole
        Gotta agree. That would also make it obvious to the hoi polloi who was winning. As it is now, we have to wait till the last 1/4 of the race to know.

Comment

McQuay 44.58!

Yee-haw!

Roberts went out like a madman!

Comment

Berry also PR's with 44.77.
            Roberts made up the stagger in like 150m!

Comment

Excellent run by McQuay. #2 in the world. Can he beat Kirani James?

Comment

Re: ¶NCAA m400—Tony McQuay (Florida) 44.58 (CL)

McQuay =No. 10 in meet history. Lendore equals the meet's record for 8th.

Comment

Place Athlete Name Yr Affiliation Time Pts
                  1 Tony McQuay JR Florida 44.58 10
                  2 Mike Berry SO Oregon 44.75 8
                  3 Gil Roberts SR Texas Tech 44.99 6
                  4 David Verburg JR George Mason 45.22 5
                  5 Josh Mance SO USC 45.37 4
                  6 Brady Gehret SO Penn State 45.44 3
                  7 Akheem Gauntlett JR Arkansas 45.56 2
                  8 Deon Lendore FR Texas A&M 45.63 1

Comment

Originally posted by trackdug
                    Still #3. Santos ran 44.4

I highly doubt he can, remember these college athletes are peaking. James in early season ran 44.7

But, right now, I wouldn't be surprised to see McQuay medal in London, if he treats the rest of the summer properly.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK

I highly doubt he can, remember these college athletes are peaking. James in early season ran 44.7

But, right now, I wouldn't be surprised to see McQuay medal in London, if he treats the rest of the summer properly.
                      You are right, sir. I stand corrected.

All in all, this will be an interesting Olympic Trials in a couple of weeks. We'll see what Wariner has in him tomorrow. Forecast looks good and warm.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK

All in all, this will be an interesting Olympic Trials in a couple of weeks. We'll see what Wariner has in him tomorrow. Forecast looks good and warm.
                        After this race.
                        Merrit, McQuay and Berry looks like a feasible team for London.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK
                          Originally posted by ATK

After this race.
                          Merrit, McQuay and Berry looks like a feasible team for London.
                          I think it will be Merritt and 2 collegiate athletes....

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                            Lawrence 44.04, actually.

Proving (well, indicating) once again that the 400 would be a far better race if they did it as a one-turn stagger (like the 800) and then broke for the pole. Too many good marks are wasted because of the inability to run to max when stuck with not enough people around you. Let everybody race to the rail and watch the times drop. (Yes, you'd also watch a lot of people drop, but hey, that's how short-track speed skating became an Olympic favorite; we could do a lot worse)
                            I have to say that even though that would break with tradition in a big way, I like that idea. People would be running a little faster than they would in lanes and you would (along with the blow-ups that would take place with certain athletes running too quickly, early) see even better times. At least in theory.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Miler
                              McQuay 44.58!

Yee-haw!

Roberts went out like a madman!
                              McQuay also finally takes down Tyrone Kemp's school record that he just missed in the semis.

Comment

2011 Nat'l champ, 2012 NCAA champ, I would not count him out of gold in London.

Comment

Working...
                                X