X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pego
    replied
    Re: shot put world record

Thank you. I thought you might help me find him. Oh, well...Viszont látásra.

Leave a comment:

• Hunter
    replied

I dont think Attila and I are related although we both are hungarian(american).
    KK

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied

A question for Ken Kemeny. Many years ago I had a friend Attila Kemeny. We lost track of each other. Any relation?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Of course it didn't/doesn't, which is why Toth got his ass kicked. While the rest of the guys were free to use gorilla-bol if they wanted, he had to remain somewhat circumspect in his choice of enhancements, relying solely on the THG. Boy, talk about an unfair playing field! :-)

Leave a comment:

• EPelle
    replied

Is the The World:s Strongest Man competition governed by any drug-testing agency? Toth competed last season, and got whipped very badly. I understand his demise if he did not have enhancement aides in the competition cycle.

Leave a comment:

• big mac
    replied

>Its a sad thing that when someone performs well, their performances are immediately questioned.

As a shotputter myself I won't question his rise quick rise to the elite ranks, but the fact that he is throwing so far so young is going to cause suspicion about his "cleanliness". That is the way the sporting world opperates.

I'm honestly all for the great throwing that is taking place. Though if one more high profile thrower is banned in the coming season I figure it would be a death blow for throwing and cause suspicion over any thrower reaching 70 foot in shot, 65m in discus etc.
    Truly sad that a few throwers give everybody else a bad reputation.

Leave a comment:

• Hunter
    replied

Its a sad thing that when someone performs well, their performances are immediately questioned.

CC is a ridiculously big and powerful athlete. He's also significantly "weaker" since his famous 575 bench as a 19 year old.

Comparing Toth and Cantwell is like comparing apples and oranges.

1)Toth's college PR was 61', he increased that to 74'. Cantwell threw 71' in college.

2)Toth's MO was throwing bombs in april and then fading away at major championships, IF he even qualified. Cantwell has won 2 of the 3 major international championships that have taken place since he's turned pro.

Ken Kemeny
    ps I have a feeling this thread is about to get out of line, lets keep it clean and civil

Leave a comment:

• huh?
    replied

CJ Hunter did not compete in the Olympics.

Leave a comment:

• Coach Barnet
    replied

>>I'm not suggesting that nobody does drugs now but i think the sport is much
    >cleaner than it was 15-20 years ago.

Agreed

I disagree . Look how long it took to catch Toth.

Leave a comment:

• Coach Barnet
    replied

>That Myerscough was allowed to compete in NCAA competition even while serving a
    >suspension from Great Britain is absolutely ridiculous.

Letting CJ Hunter compete at the Olympics after the USATF new he had 4 failed drug test is even more ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• big mac
    replied

Cantwell freaks me out. I mean he had a reputed 575lb bench as a 19 year old. Thats more than Barnes himself could do at that age. He's beginning to worry me that he's getting a bit good a bit soon, if you get what I'm saying.

Leave a comment:

• Hunter
    replied

thats a great attitude

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied

...about the same as Kevin Toth's best throw last year, I'm afraid...

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied

How's CC's 73'4 looking?

Leave a comment:

• big mac
    replied

>I'm not suggesting that nobody does drugs now but i think the sport is much cleaner than it was 15-20 years ago.

Agreed

Leave a comment:

Working...
X