Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joints to hang out at in Eugene

out-of-towners may want to know about places for pre- and post-meet fun. Let me kick it off with the URL to a promo I just got. I'm not endorsing the place: have never been there, but how can you not love the "Track Town Brewery"? (only in Eugene)

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com ... 8pd_JlP20e

Re: joints to hang out at in Eugene

200 meter ale... Awesome. Looks like a good time to visit my research collaborator at UO.

Comment

Not only did I go there, I brought home pint glasses. They have an old 80s Track & Field arcade game too.

Track Town Pizza is only average food but ya gotta love a place with autographed TFNs framed up on the walls.

Comment

Max's on 13th! See what Eugene was like when Pre was running. (Ignoring the TVs)

Comment

And Rennie's Landing, right across the street from the U on Kincaid (opposite end of the campus near the bookstore) is owned by a big Duck T&F supporter who also is a Trials sponsor. Excellent burgers along with Ninkasi and other micros on tap (and if you have to have a mass-produced Domestic, he's got those as well).

And for those with wheels, the Hop City Brewery over on Hotel Row in Springfield has some killer happy hour food and beer specials. A good dinner and a pint for $7-$10. Eugene's a good place for beers and food....track, too.

Comment

The Old Pad on E. Amazon, about 20 blocks South of Hayward field. Pre poured beer here.

Not sure if Roscoe Divine still owns a place called June at Midtown (owner bio leads me to believe he sold it?) Willamette and 15th

http://www.juneatmidtown.com/

Comment

Midtown closed. This morning was their last day.

Comment

Originally posted by 8aldP|23
                Midtown closed. This morning was their last day.
                Though I wasn't a big fan of the restaurant, that's a very nice space and I hope someone else comes in soon. I can highly recommend Belly downtown for great food. Their chef/owner was a James Beard nominee for Best PNW Chef this year. Prices are moderate.

Comment

I had a taste of both the Triple Jump Pale Ale and the 200m Ale at an International Beer Show in Australia last month.

I was much more thrilled by the labels/names than anyone else in attendance :?

Comment

the Wild Duck was no room even to buy a beer last night a half hour after the meet finished. Needless to say, the outdoor seating area was going unused!

Comment

Out-of-towners: If you're looking for really good food (rather than just a joint to hang out in), the top two places--IMO--are Belly and Red Agave. Both open for dinner only. If you want to have a special experience (excellent food and atmosphere) head out to King Estate (20 min. drive) for lunch or dinner (your partner will be impressed). If you want something uniquely Eugene, head to Keystone Cafe for B'fast or Sam Bonds (pub/bar).

Comment

the gang is at Sfizio tonite, King Estates tomorrow night.

Comment

Excuse me if there's already a thread about this.

I have a good friend who is done competing today but is staying for the entire competition. She has plenty of resources so any idea is doable.

How would you spend your time, where would you go, who would you meet, to really experience the world of track & field... to decide if this the world she wants to plug into for the next decade or so?

Comment

I'm only a former 37 minute 10K guy (but ran 30 yrs!!), but I lived in Eugene from 1987-98, so here's a few suggestions:

Run the Amazon Park trail.
                            It's a totally flat 1K wood chip/gravel loop, with extensions to 1500 and 1 mile, so your friend can choose to run a metric distance or miles. (I ran MANY 10K's in training there!! And once timed Bill McChesney when he ran a 29:50 6 mile training run there!!)

Try to contact Mary Slaney to have a chat with her!!

Of course, there's Pre's Rock and Trail!!

Tracktown Pizza has already been mentioned.

Go to South Eugene High School, where MANY great athletes graduated from!!

But......and this should be obvious......your friend has ALREADY seen it ALL!!!
                            She competed at HAYWARD FIELD!!!!!!!

Comment

Silvan Ridge Winery is having live music and wine tasting on the off days. They're about 25 minutes from downtown and it's a very nice drive out there. Here's a link:
                              http://silvanridge.com/index.php/the-la ... -ridge-46/

Comment

Working...
                              X