Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: jamaica Olympic Trials predictions

Originally posted by shivfan
    For God's sake, this is a thread about predictions, and once again we get non-Jamaicans on the thread moaning about the lack of long distance runners and field events....
    :roll:
    No, that's not the issue. This has nothing to do with Jamaicans vs "non-Jamaicans." Every "prediction" thread for any meet (not just JAM trials, but every DL, etc...) started by a certain group of posters always focuses exclusively on the sprints.

I would guess the overwhelming majority of the general board members do NOT favor the sprints, but appreciate T&F as both "T" and "F."

Comment

Originally posted by JRM
      For God's sake, this is a thread about predictions, and once again we get non-Jamaicans on the thread moaning about the lack of long distance runners and field events....
      :roll:
      No, that's not the issue. This has nothing to do with Jamaicans vs "non-Jamaicans." Every "prediction" thread for any meet (not just JAM trials, but every DL, etc...) started by a certain group of posters always focuses exclusively on the sprints.

I would guess the overwhelming majority of the general board members do NOT favor the sprints, but appreciate T&F as both "T" and "F."
      JRM, I would agree with you, but shivfan is right: if this was a Kenyan trials we wouldn't be worried about their field event prospects. Yes, some of the Jamaican posters can be idiotic about sprints but we have some distance lovers who can be just as myopic.

Comment

I am in agreement with must predictions but my question, is it only me who believe Shelly-ann should run the 200m i think she could surprise everyone on that day.

Comment

Originally posted by JR10.74
          I am in agreement with must predictions but my question, is it only me who believe Shelly-ann should run the 200m i think she could surprise everyone on that day.
          I'm not convinced about SAF the 200m runner....

She's devastating as a 100m runner, but looks a bit ordinary as a 200m runner to me.

According to this, she's entered in both:

http://members.jainvite.com/trials/entr ... ata-page=0
          My heart is still in the Caribbean....

Comment

Originally posted by JR10.74
            I'm not convinced about SAF the 200m runner....

She's devastating as a 100m runner, but looks a bit ordinary as a 200m runner to me.

According to this, she's entered in both:

http://members.jainvite.com/trials/entr ... ata-page=0
            Shelly has had some impressive races in the 200. She is a great curve runner and gets an enormous lead, but her smaller strides lose her ground down the stretch. In all she's not consistent enough to be a threat.

Comment

Working...
            X