• Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012OT m100—Gatlin.... or Gay?

Originally posted by polevaultpower
    RBR says there is a protest?
    Who or what is RBR?

Comment

• Re: ¶2012OT m100—Justin Gatlin 9.80 PR

The thing fans should do about doping in the sport is to move on following a suspension served.

We're our on worst enemies as we drag on and harp on doping in the sport. EVERY sport has doping and frankly always will. It will never be clean just like the world isn't.

We make it the single most important issue instead of peripherial one like it should be.

When the US doping agency issued the APOLOGY to Lashawn Merritt I thought we as fans would learn a lesson. Yes, for those who aren't aware the SYSTEM APOLOGIZED to this man while restoring him but it came AFTER the knucklehead short term President of the USATF had made outlandish statements and accusations about him and his character.

ON TV!!!!

Merrittt should've sued the fool, but apparently took the higher road.

When someone is accused of doping, let the test results stand. If they're found guilty let them serve their suspenstion and then...

MOVE ON...regardless of what country they're from.

Do this, if not for the athlete who either made a poor choice, cheated, or is falsely accused, do it for the sake of the sport
      The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by Dave
        Originally posted by polevaultpower
        RBR says there is a protest?
        Who or what is RBR?
        Sorry, RunBlogRun https://twitter.com/#!/RunBlogRun

Comment

Originally posted by optimistic
          Does anybody just try to enjoy the sport? If I tried to figure out who was running clean and who was dirty, I would give myself an ulcer. I just decided to enjoy each race as it comes and let the drug people figure out the drugs. How do you enjoy the sport with so much skepticism?
          Because I couldn't really enjoy the sport otherwise, I pretty much changed my outlook years ago and now assume that pretty much all of the top sprinters are doing something illegal. The scandals in cycling and baseball pretty much solidified my opinions. I think it has been fairly easy to get away with HgH and insulin at least until recently. The more money to be made, the greater likelihood of cheating. That been said, at least there are upper limits to how much doping they can get away with, so the playing field is more level than in the science experiment days of the 70s and 80s.

Comment

And the nonsense about everyone who runs a certain time is doping, just isn't true. Admittedly it can be hard for an athlete who couldn't match those times to believe someone could do it legally but I there are always exceptions in life to any standard.

Do many people believe that, for example, VCB, Felix, Sanya, Wariner, Dix, Powell, the french kid, Spearman, Lauryn, Shericka, et al are doping?!?!

NO!

LOOK HOW LONG THEY'VE COMPETED at the highest level friends. Take notice. "Everyone" isn't "doping" and its nonsensical to think so.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
              And the nonsense about everyone who runs a certain time is doping, just isn't true. . . . "Everyone" isn't "doping" and its nonsensical to think so.
              And of course the truth is somewhere between his view and yours. I believe it lies a little closer to his truth than yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                And the nonsense about everyone who runs a certain time is doping, just isn't true. . . . "Everyone" isn't "doping" and its nonsensical to think so.
                And of course the truth is somewhere between his view and yours. I believe it lies a little closer to his truth than yours.
                "Everyone" doesnt allow for in between.

So the odds are that I'm probably the one who's right . :P

At any rate why worry about something you can't control? Deal with it when it occurs and then move forward. We drag the sport down when we don't.

Comment

I'm beating a dead horse here with this. Track daddy, I like your optimism, but the list of people you listed I believe some of them have or do dope.
                  With all said, On a level playing field..ie...everyone clean, I still think the top dogs are going to be the top dogs. Bolt, Gay, Powell, Gatlin, Blake, Dix etc, will be top 6 if all healthy.
                  I may after thinking about it have changed my view on Gatlin. He may be clean, he is under alot of scrutiny after being caught once, to try it again?? Pure stupidity. You never know...

Comment

Originally posted by tsprint94
                    I'm beating a dead horse here with this. Track daddy, I like your optimism, but the list of people you listed I believe some of them have or do dope.
                    With all said, On a level playing field..ie...everyone clean, I still think the top dogs are going to be the top dogs. Bolt, Gay, Powell, Gatlin, Blake, Dix etc, will be top 6 if all healthy.
                    I may after thinking about it have changed my view on Gatlin. He may be clean, he is under alot of scrutiny after being caught once, to try it again?? Pure stupidity. You never know...
                    Yeah obviously I wouldnt know for sure and you may have a better grasp on it than I.

I just always try to believe the best is true.

I must say I prefer the way football and other sports handle the doping issue than we do though. I doubt it ever came up in Julius Peppers contract negotiations after he served his sentence. And fans could care less.

Comment

What's the story with Sean Crawford these days? was he in the trials?

Comment

I agree track daddy!!
                        Crawford is in the 200 I believe, he is listed in formcharts. I think I saw a result on him this year in Europe? but not for certain, but not a very fast time, High 20 or low 21 I believe. I'll look it up

Comment

Originally posted by Pelpa
                          Shawn is in the 200. His best this year is a 20.80, but he is entered with his 20.45 best from last year.

He has not run any 100m this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Pelpa
                            He's 34 years old. That's the story with Shawn Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by t_monk
                              I hope he gets injured before the Oly.... A vicious hammy tear.... career ending sh!t....
                              goodbye!

Comment

• Men's 4x100 Relay selections

4x100 Relay comment. Did not find a separate subject so am positng here. My first thought after viewing the 100m Men's final was that Doc Patton was 5th. Not that the relay pool will be or has ever been comprised of OT qualifiers 1-4, but at least he's not an automatic. Based upon past history, Doc has been the kiss of death; I cringed the last two times he was part of the final teams at OG and WC At this point, Rodgers leading off to Gatlin to Spearmon to Gay would be my pcik to upset the Jamaicans or at least break 38.

Comment

Working...
                                X