X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012OT m100—Gatlin.... or Gay?

Originally posted by mal
    Originally posted by tsprint94
    Cmon! Does anybody really believe Gatlin is "clean"??? A PR 8 years after winning gold in 2004? Not to mention who he is training under.... Ugh
    maybe he wasn't ever dirty? :roll:
    A couple of years ago I had a discussion with the guy he accused of putting steroid cream on him.

In short, they disagree.

That said, Gatlin has served his time and based on the criteria established has earned the benefit of the doubt and the right to compete. I wish him all the best.

I even saw him walking up against Allyson again. They were item when he was accused but afterwards the relationship abruptly ended. Smart girl, stay away from bad appearances whether legitimate or not.

Reminded me of when CJ got busted in Sydney. They were already down under, but he was buried by Marion during the news conference lol
    The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

• Re: ¶2012OT m100—Justin Gatlin 9.80 PR

Just heard Gatlin interviewed on Jim Rome today. He is still blaming massage therapist for rubbing something in that caused the positive test

Comment

Just heard Gatlin interviewed on Jim Rome today. He is still blaming massage therapist for rubbing something in that caused the positive test
        Of course he is. His story cannot change now. Nor can it be expected to. He has made the Olympic team. Can't have a reversal of the story which would lead to people examining the initial penalty (8 years) and questioning everything that happened after that.
        Regards,
        toyracer

Comment

Gatlin will never gain any favor in my book until he admits his prior drug use.

Be a man and admit your guilt Gatlin. You will feel better in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by kamikaze7
            Originally posted by optimistic
            Well if it means anything Tyson Gay is signed up for that anti-doping program where they do additional testing and establish a baseline. He talked about it in an article I read recently. So, if you can't believe that at least he is clean, then you can't believe in anyone. Is he the only male sprinter that signed up?
            This program should be mandatory for all runners. Why is it even an option in this day and age when a few bad apples are spoiling the sport for everyone
            Cost, I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by jamaica50
              Gatlin will never gain any favor in my book until he admits his prior drug use.

Be a man and admit your guilt Gatlin. You will feel better in the end.
              No, if he admits it now, people will be like "Why did you wait so long to tell the truth?"

Comment

maybe Gatlin has recovered so well from his penalty time, due to drinking beer and screwing a lot before the events like his coach Dennis Mitchell said he did. :lol:

Note that Weldon Johnson writes a more realistic assessment of Gatlin and his coach on Letsrun than the American media who have suddenly fallen in love with Gatlin.

Comment

Originally posted by Ned Ryerson
                  Well if it means anything Tyson Gay is signed up for that anti-doping program where they do additional testing and establish a baseline. He talked about it in an article I read recently. So, if you can't believe that at least he is clean, then you can't believe in anyone. Is he the only male sprinter that signed up?
                  This program should be mandatory for all runners. Why is it even an option in this day and age when a few bad apples are spoiling the sport for everyone
                  Cost, I'm sure.
                  I don't think gettting a "baseline" at the end of your career really means anything other than being a good PR move

Comment

Also lets not forget the fact that Tyson Gay's training partner, Steve Mullings last year was caught for a second time doping and was given a lifetime ban. Within approximately 2 weeks of that positive test, Gay shut his season down and had surgery after running a 9.79 in Clermont FL in only his second meet of the season.

Comment

Cost, I'm sure.
                      I don't think gettting a "baseline" at the end of your career really means anything other than being a good PR move
                      What are you talking about? You're saying that 2008 was the end of his career?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympi ... mpics.html

Comment

Is there any IAAF or WADA policy to expand the level of monitoring to athletes' management and support staff as it relates to PED control?

I mean an athlete (except for when they are on the field) is never a stand alone individual but more a product of Managers, agents, coaches and conditioners, who practically are significantly responsible for technichal, professional and other decisions and support surrounding the athletes who are 'Jocks' really who must be guided and instructed as to how to cheat by doping if ever any of them were found guilty.

Comment

Originally posted by Pelpa
                          Is there any IAAF or WADA policy to expand the level of monitoring to athletes' management and support staff as it relates to PED control?

I mean an athlete (except for when they are on the field) is never a stand alone individual but more a product of Managers, agents, coaches and conditioners, who practically are significantly responsible for technichal, professional and other decisions and support surrounding the athletes who are 'Jocks' really who must be guided and instructed as to how to cheat by doping if ever any of them were found guilty.
                          It's rare for a coach or manager to face direct punishment in their capacity as facilitators for doping, since so much of the focus, and our rules, have to do with what the athlete had in his or her body, and not necessarily who gave it to them. If I recall correctly, Chuck Debus was the first coach ever banned by USATF/TAC (for life, if I recall correctly). The USOC banned Trevor Graham based on the number of athletes in his charge that tested positive, and USADA later levied a lifetime ban on Graham. Agent/coach Mark Block was banned for 10 years after evidence fromt he BALCO investigation showed that he was trafficking drugs.

Comment

Sorry Ned, I didn't realize Gay signed up in 2008, the post seemed to indicate he just did it.

Comment

It's rare for a coach or manager to face direct punishment in their capacity as facilitators for doping, since so much of the focus, and our rules, have to do with what the athlete had in his or her body, and not necessarily who gave it to them. If I recall correctly, Chuck Debus was the first coach ever banned by USATF/TAC (for life, if I recall correctly). The USOC banned Trevor Graham based on the number of athletes in his charge that tested positive, and USADA later levied a lifetime ban on Graham. Agent/coach Mark Block was banned for 10 years after evidence fromt he BALCO investigation showed that he was trafficking drugs.
                              And holding management/coaches responsible without proof would open up a massive legal can of worms. Proving wrongdoing, or instituting a monitoring program for anyone other than the athletes themselves, would probably involve extraordinary increases in expenses too.

Adding routine unannounced blood testing to urine testing would help improve compliance, but could be considered as a violation of athletes' rights since it's more invasive, and would increase expenses too. And because it's not hard in the case of certain PEDs to avoid a positive drug test if an athlete has well informed/well trained advisors who carefully monitor the dosage, timing, blood levels, and bodily excretion of those PEDs, it really isn't the best idea to suggest that one elite athlete may be doping while another isn't... Not everybody dopes, but because an athlete tested positive in the past has very little to do with who's guilty and who's innocent today, regardless of what country an athlete is from, or what coach or training partners the athlete is associated with... Unusually rapid and significant improvements in performance, especially when accompanied by marked and rapid increases in lean muscle mass or other various factors, warrant equal suspicion (but not accusations), despite the lack of a positive test.

Comment

Also lets not forget the fact that Tyson Gay's training partner, Steve Mullings last year was caught for a second time doping and was given a lifetime ban. Within approximately 2 weeks of that positive test, Gay shut his season down and had surgery after running a 9.79 in Clermont FL in only his second meet of the season.

What are you suggesting by our comment? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Working...
                                X