5. Morgann LeLeux * (Georgia) nr
    6. Kylie Hutson ¶ (Nike) 2
    7. Becky Holliday ¶ (unattached) 4
    8. Bethany Buell * (South Dakota) nr
    9. Katy Viuf ¶ (unattached) (10)
    10. Logan Miller (Washington) nr

Re: 2012OT wPV—Suhr healthy?

Suhr healthy?

Ain't that the $64K question! She's passed some good pay days already, so one should be suspicious. If she is not ready, our Oly chances go from glory to gory.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
      Ain't that the $64K question! She's passed some good pay days already, so one should be suspicious. If she is not ready, our Oly chances go from glory to gory.
      Several others would have the potential to make the OG final of the top 12, but you're right, Suhr's the only one with a realistic chance to medal.

Comment

is she healthy or will she pull out at the last moment ? she is probably her last chance at glory.

Comment

Progression in qualifying goes from 4.30m to 4.40m without 4.35m in between. Seems like a big gap, with so many athletes having season bests between 4.35m and 4.40m.

Comment

Originally posted by j-a-m
            Progression in qualifying goes from 4.30m to 4.40m without 4.35m in between. Seems like a big gap, with so many athletes having season bests between 4.35m and 4.40m.
            A 2" increase should be reserved for the HJ only! 4" progressions are fine for any meet.

Comment

It's going to be in the low 60s at best and raining tomorrow. I bet 4.20 makes finals.

Comment

Not sure when the start lists are going to be updated, but it's been drama drama drama appeal appeal appeal and it looks like they basically added everyone to the field who declared. They were notified at about 8:20 pm, less than 24 hours before the meet. Emily and Katelin have been in Eugene, but Steph and Jade are not. I have no idea about Mandissa, I assume not.

There were questions about whether some of the marks that bumped these girls out at the last minute met the (unpublished) criteria that the high performance committee has set for meets to count for qualifying. I think letting everyone in was the right call, but good Lord I am soooo sick of the already broke athletes who are sitting on the bubble getting screwed over by this last minute stuff every. single. year.

Comment

In other news, I will be tweeting all of the action at https://twitter.com/#!/polevaultpower

If Twitter goes down for some reason, my backup plan is to post to polevaultpower.com/forum

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower
                    They were notified at about 8:20 pm, less than 24 hours before the meet.
                    While being totally clueless as to the process, I'll still say this is unconscionable.
                    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                      They were notified at about 8:20 pm, less than 24 hours before the meet.
                      While being totally clueless as to the process, I'll still say this is unconscionable.
                      Right decision, wrong time. Should have decided days ago. Two of the girls were on the east coast, I don't know if they'll make it.

Comment

Not sure when the start lists are going to be updated,
                        Start lists still not updated, only status of entries.

Comment

Why isn't Shade Weygandt competing?
                          Injured?
                          She has a 14-9 PR from this year!!

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk
                            Why isn't Shade Weygandt competing?
                            Injured?
                            She has a 14-9 PR from this year!!
                            She was injured, came back earlier this year and got the A standard you mentioned, then got injured again. She competed at NCAA prelims, but was in visible pain and no-heighted because of that.

Comment

Not sure when the start lists are going to be updated,
                              Start lists still not updated, only status of entries.
                              I got a copy of what the officials have, here you go: http://www.polevaultpower.com/forum/vie ... 54#p160054

Comment

Working...
                              X