Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶2012 OT mJT—Sam Humphreys 268-7 (81.86)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ¶2012OT mJT—Sam Humphreys 268-7 (81.86)

Originally posted by j-a-m
    Originally posted by donley2
    I would bet you my next pay check that if someone finishes below top 8 and they are the only one eligible to go they will go.
    Wouldn't bet against it.
    In 2008 Breaux Greer in this very event finished 17th in the Olympic trials. He and Mike Hazle had the A standard and both went.

Comment

Re: 2012OT mJT—top finish may not mean much?

Originally posted by gh
      Originally posted by gktrack
      Even if you have the "A", you still need to make the final 8 to go to the Olympics, same with the running events. ........
      NO YOU DON'T!

read this:

<<1. Rank Order of Finish: All athletes competing in a 2012 U.S. Olympic Team Trials event will be assigned a rank based upon the order of finish for that event. An athlete must compete in each event in which she/he is entered in order to be assigned a rank.
      ??????5
      ?Rank order of finish for an individual event will be established as follows:
      ? Running events: 1) Athletes participating in the final round of competition will be assigned a rank based upon their place- finish in the final (top eight finishers, plus ties) of that event; 2) Athletes that do not qualify for the finals will establish their rank order position based on the fastest time achieved in the semi-final round; and 3) Athletes that do not qualify for the semi-finals will establish their rank order position based on the fastest time achieved in the preliminary rounds. An athlete's final ranking will be based upon the highest round completed by an athlete. For relay events see section II.
      ? Field events: 1) Athletes participating in the final round of competition will be assigned a rank based upon their place- finish in the finals (top eight finishers, plus ties) of that event; 2) Athletes that do not qualify for the finals will establish their rank order position based on the athlete's best mark achieved in the qualifying round....>>

that's direct from the USATF guidelines.
      Really, thanks for weighing in GH, finally a comment from a trusted source... several of us have been trying to understand this since the Trials began, and with Crouser's statement, along with Mac Wilken's comment on tv, I was completely confused. I would hate to see one of the mTJ's have three F's in the qualifying and not go, that would make no sense.

Comment

Working...
      X