Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ¶2012OT m10,000—Galen Rupp 27:35.31 MR

Anyone know if there is a video of the race anywhere. I tried YouTube. I suppose NBC blocked everything...

Comment

Re: ¶2012OT m10,000—Galen Rupp 27:35.31 MR, AL

Rupp looks great! And what a fantastic three we have in this event.

Rupp can run with anyone in the world, but to finish in the medals he will have to find another gear. I know they are working on it, but is it possible? Can a world-class finish really be developed? I guess we will find out. I sure hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinwr
        Anyone know if there is a video of the race anywhere. I tried YouTube. I suppose NBC blocked everything...
        as is their right.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
          Originally posted by huntinwr
          as is their right.
          rather than going begging for network coverage, take it away.

think about pulling NBC (and the rest) from the sport.
          and have the track and field community and sponsors run their own show over the internet.

after you have total control of your own product, then the networks can bid if they like on a big meet. and again, if their coverage sucks, don't let them handle the product into the future.

no more pathetic begging.

Comment

Asolutely no mechanism to 'pull' the Olympics program broadcaster because it is a package deal and no one in track has the kind of dollars (well in to the nine-digit level).

As for the 10,000, KB is definitely a threat, but I would not be shocked if he did not medal. He did come back from is poor (by his standards) WC race to run a WL, but he has run some rather so-so races since then and seems to have lost the lower portion of his dominance. Taking that into a championship race, it means that he will have a much harder time going ~14:00/12:57 and a lot of runners suspect that such is the case.

I suspect that the Kenyans will run a variable pace, which might bother KB a lot more now than in the past when his peak cardio level was likely better. He is much better off in the Final-only 10,000 than with the 5000. As mentioned above, the Kenyans have moved to the road and will have a thinner deck for the variable pace racing at the speeds that it will take to attack KB and it might take their guys out of it a bit (I think that they really want gold and will sacrifice other medals to improve their chances).

Finally,
            True, but IIRC, their combined medal total from world competitions is one bronze (Ritz's half-marathon). I will be pleasantly surprised to see even one medal among them in London. One can always hope.
            Note also that Teg was 0.03 (and closing) from the bronze in the 5000 (as well as getting 5th ath WJXC behind Ritz and KB) and did not run that event at the Trials because the competition was too tough.

I think that this is the best American team from the 800 up that we have had in a long time and given the level of the competition, those earlier years of good finishes would not likely have happened in the current mix of competitive countries.

Comment

Interesting reading, in light of recent events.

Comment

Working...
              X