4. Janet Cherobon-Bawcom ¶ (Atlanta TC) nr
    5. Magdalena Lewy Boulet * (Saucony) 6
    6. Katie McGregor (Reebok) (8)
    7. Alisha Williams * (adidas Boulder) nr
    8. Natosha Rogers (Texas A&M) nr
    9. Deborah Maier (Cal) nr
    10. Meaghan Nelson (Iowa State) nr

Re: 2012OT w10,000—Flanagan favored

Magdalena Lewy Boulet has been scatched from the start list.

This leaves four women with A standard, including Flanagan.

Comment

Uh, maybe a stupid question, but.....
      why is Shalane running the 10K if she has NO intention of running it in London??
      She's just blocking one of the "pending" gals from getting to participate!!

Comment

if she wins and decides not to run the 10000 in the olympics, the next 3 get to run in the olympics if they have the A standard.

interesting she said in an article her main goal for this race is to help her friend/training partner lisa koll-uhl make the team. so if the race is slower than 31:45 koll-uhl will make it.

so dont look for her to go out in sub 31:30 pace.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk
          Uh, maybe a stupid question, but.....
          why is Shalane running the 10K if she has NO intention of running it in London??
          She's just blocking one of the "pending" gals from getting to participate!!
          Just a random guess, maybe she is in heavy marathon training and wants a race to see where she is. It is close to home, so easy logistically. She also has training partners in the race, so maybe a bit of support there. I'm guessing that she has a time in mind and will churn out that pace. It won't be going for a record, but seeing how that pace felt. I expect her to win and she probably won't be breathing hard after it.

Comment

Originally posted by mcgato
            Just a random guess, maybe she is in heavy marathon training and wants a race to see where she is. It is close to home, so easy logistically. She also has training partners in the race, so maybe a bit of support there. I'm guessing that she has a time in mind and will churn out that pace. It won't be going for a record, but seeing how that pace felt. I expect her to win and she probably won't be breathing hard after it.
            I imagine she'll run a very consistent race since tactics don't enter into it for her. It will be interesting to see if she drags some others along to achieve the"A" standard. Hopefully, the rain is done by race time.

Comment

Uhl looks to me to be running with a limp. Probably won't do well. Flanagan starting to take charge.

Comment

They mentioned that Flanagan run a 2:50
                Marathon practice run less than a week ago so
                If she wins that dog tired that says a lot about the depth (or lack there of ) of this field !
                Btw no way anyone makes A std today so it will be Hastings, uhl
                And bawcom on the team assuming that Flanagan will run the marathon in London

Comment

Originally posted by odelltrclan
                  Uhl looks to me to be running with a limp. Probably won't do well. Flanagan starting to take charge.

Reason for the "limp" was revealed in post race interview...had one shoe come untied!

Comment

Originally posted by lovetorun
                    Reason for the "limp" was revealed in post race interview...had one shoe come untied!
                    Glad she recovered and made the team, albeit back door. Was rooting for her. Very impressed with tenacity of Rogers. Be fun to watch her in the future. It was great to see the joy in Hastings face. Great to see redemption for both 4th placers at marathon OT's.

Comment

Very impressed with tenacity of Rogers. Be fun to watch her in the future.
                      Yeah, another huge PB for Rogers.

Comment

Here's my story on that mystery woman from Cal who controlled more than half the race and had a 30-meter lead at points:
                        http://patch.com/A-v22R

Ignore the publish date. It's a work-around.

K E N
                        K E N

Comment

I wish Maier had some help out front. Couldn't believe there was a pack of 20 going through 5k in 16:15, and letting the standard slip away.
                          Will it be the same in the 1500's?

Comment

She ended up tripping the one woman that probably would have gone with her in Rogers.

Comment

I wonder if Rogers could have gotten the A standard if she had realized going into the race how good she is.

Comment

Working...
                              X