4. Charles Jock ¶ (UC Irvine) 3
    5. Andrew Wheating * (Oregon TC) (2)
    6. Duane Solomon * (Saucony) (4)
    7. Tyler Mulder ¶ (Oregon TC) 4
    8. Mike Rutt ¶ (New Jersey/New York) nr
    9. Erik Sowinski * (Iowa) nr
    10. Brandon Johnson * (unattached) nr

Re: 2012OT m800—No Andrews or Wheating

There are some more athletes outside the top 10 that have an A standard, right?

Comment

I wonder what happened with Andrews. It looks like he never actually scratched or was not accepted, He is just entered with no deceleration, but was obviously left off the start lists.
      I remember in NY he did say he wants to double.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK
        I wonder what happened with Andrews. It looks like he never actually scratched or was not accepted, He is just entered with no deceleration, but was obviously left off the start lists.
        I remember in NY he did say he wants to double.
        Not sure about Andrews, but I think Wheating is wise not to double. With Jock pushing the pace, it wouldn't set up well for him to get top 3. Plus he hasn't been sharp yet this year.

Comment

I can't believe I don't see Robbie Andrews' name on the start lists for the 800! I was so looking forward to that last 100m too. Damn!

Comment

Originally posted by ATK
            I wonder what happened with Andrews. It looks like he never actually scratched or was not accepted, He is just entered with no deceleration,
            He's on the "acceleration" list.>:-)
            Cheers,
            Alan Shank
            Woodland, CA, USA

Comment

I'm actually glad he's doing the 1500m...think he has more potential there. His Oxy race was pretty impressive.

Comment

Potential doesn't really mean anything. But if you really want to talk potential, Andrews right now is a better 800m than a 1500m runner, and his potential in the 800m hasn't been explored hardly at all.
                Frankly, I don't like runners moving up.
                I don't think being in good in one event means you will be better in the next event up; although it seems like almost everyone here believes that.
                Everybody has their best event, and they should tap out their potential in their best event before even considering moving up.
                There are some (but not many) runners who are good at multiple distances, but I believe most runners have one best event.
                There are so many runners who moved up for no benefit to themselves or their careers. I don't really understand why everyone is always pushing for guys to move up a distance.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksf
                  Potential doesn't really mean anything. But if you really want to talk potential, Andrews right now is a better 800m than a 1500m runner, and his potential in the 800m hasn't been explored hardly at all.
                  Frankly, I don't like runners moving up.
                  I don't think being in good in one event means you will be better in the next event up; although it seems like almost everyone here believes that.
                  Everybody has their best event, and they should tap out their potential in their best event before even considering moving up.
                  There are some (but not many) runners who are good at multiple distances, but I believe most runners have one best event.
                  There are so many runners who moved up for no benefit to themselves or their careers. I don't really understand why everyone is always pushing for guys to move up a distance.....
                  How do you know the 800 is Andrews best event? He appears to be adept at both. But, to me he gets himself in trouble too often in the 800 by staying back too much whereas he has more time to get in position in the 1,500. His 1,500 time at this point in a low key meet is probably close to his 800 best (in a championship setting) as far as value is concerned.

Comment

Jock, the "chronic front runner" made it only on time. 24.6, 50.7(26.1), 1:18.3 (27.6) lost lead
                    1:46.4 (28.1). Khadevis, OTOH, has been "cured" of this malady; came from 4th at 400.
                    Cheers,
                    Alan Shank
                    Woodland, CA, USA

Comment

It looked like Symmonds pretty much jogged the homestretch in his semi. He set a 1500 PR (3:36.04) in May. He ran a fast early-season 800m split at Penn. He could be really fit.

Comment

Symmonds may be fit, but even his recent PR leaves him slower than half a dozen other guys in 2012 alone. He has an outside shot at a bronze, tops. Also, he still doesn't seem to have tactical savvy and his pace judgement is questionable.

Comment

Very unfortunate for Jock to die out so bad.

Very happy to see Robinson back on the team.

Comment

Loved Solomon's emotion...was that the 800m Johnny Grey? He looked...to be tactful.... different.

VERY happy for Robinson. He always come sup and run our meets and he is a real crowd pleaser.

Did not need to know Symmonds has a crush on Paris Hilton of all people.... :? :lol:

Comment

Symmonds sounds like a NASCAR post-race interview... thanking NBC and all his sponsors... smart move.
                              I wonder if he has all his student loans paid off (seriously).

Comment

Working...
                              X