Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed coach

I'm a brand new member, so please forgive me if I'm in the wrong place. I'm looking for someone in the marietta/powder springs, ga area who could work with my son on his 60 times. He's a high school junior baseball player with a 7.5 60. I want to help him get his time down to 6.9-7.0 if possible. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Re: Speed coach

Originally posted by Yfib2me
    I'm a brand new member, so please forgive me if I'm in the wrong place. I'm looking for someone in the marietta/powder springs, ga area who could work with my son on his 60 times. He's a high school junior baseball player with a 7.5 60. I want to help him get his time down to 6.9-7.0 if possible. Any guidance would be appreciated.
    There are quite a few coaches there because there are many pro track athletes and pro football players who train there (North Atlanta). A huge group used to be based out of the Life University campus and another group was/is(?) based at Marietta High School. If I get some names I will PM you.

Comment

Re: Speed coach

Hmm, from 7.5 to 6.9, with "coaching". Unless he's still developing, you may be shooting high, as that's getting into, say, Decathlete territory (all those 11.2s and worse). Besides, if you're concerned w/ Baseball, stick to shorter Sprints as a measure (not related to actual workouts), akin to the hokey, voice-started 40s used by the NFL.

Start (from at bat and on base) and Acceleration are the key, so bio-mechanics comes into play: BB Coaches should be as helpful there as an actual Sprint/Speed Coach.

Sounds like he's found the right sport;~)

Comment

Working...
      X