Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a coaching shocker!

Edrick Floréal has left Stanford, will take Kentucky job. Barebones story posted to front page.

Re: a coaching shocker!

Originally posted by gh
    Edrick Floréal has left Stanford, will take Kentucky job. Barebones story posted to front page.
    :shock: :shock:

Comment

Not shocking at all. His wife is from Dayton, Ohio, and it's the SEC
      There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru
        I'd call it a coup for Kentucky. He was also an assistant at UK before going to Stanford.

Comment

one other thing to remember...Edrick's and Lavonna's son is quite the athlete. 6'4". Athlete of the year.

http://www.mercurynews.com/high-school- ... oreal-palo

http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/c1cvdh ... loreal.htm

http://www.athletic.net/trackandfield/A ... ID=3085251
          10.52/21.16

Comment

I've lived near both Lexington (Richmond) and Palo Alto (Menlo Park, Mountain View), and I know which place I'd rather be!

Comment

This is definitely a surprise.

Comment

So he WANTS to get his butt kicked? The SEC is tougher than the PAC-12 in most events and KY has nowhere the recruiting ability/success that Stanford has!

Comment

Originally posted by dl
                  I've lived near both Lexington (Richmond) and Palo Alto (Menlo Park, Mountain View), and I know which place I'd rather be!
                  Oh yea, well maybe the coach wants to live someplace where he can buy something more than
                  a 800 sq ft condo for a million bucks ?

Comment

Originally posted by nunusguy
                    Originally posted by dl
                    Oh yea, well maybe the coach wants to live someplace where he can buy something more than
                    a 800 sq ft condo for a million bucks ?
                    I am not a California snob; I greatly enjoyed my time in Kentucky (and Georgia). But there are few places on earth as nice as this little slice of Northern California.

True, it's outrageously expensive. And while I have no idea what Floreal was paid, Stanford has very good housing benefits for head coaches. You won't have a castle here, but you can live like a king in other ways...

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                      KY has nowhere the recruiting ability/success that Stanford has!

Are you kidding? For the right coach it's a great situation, especially in his specialty events. Extremely fertile recruiting grounds within a 250 mile radius, terrific facilities, more money than god in the athletic department, and he won't have to work within the stricture of Stanford's Ivy-esque academic requirements.
                      There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                        KY has nowhere the recruiting ability/success that Stanford has!
                        Are you kidding? For the right coach it's a great situation, especially in his specialty events. Extremely fertile recruiting grounds within a 250 mile radius, terrific facilities, more money than god in the athletic department, and he won't have to work within the stricture of Stanford's Ivy-esque academic requirements.
                        Not sure where you're getting your info from, but KY has been, is, and will be a SEC doormat in T&F. Unless the AD has been given a direct order to make T&F a priority equal to basketball, it just ain't gonna happen. It would be interesting if that were the case, but good luck getting the talent away from the other SEC wannabes like Tenn, Ala, Aub, SCar, FLA, Geo (and now TA&M)!!!

Comment

Coach Floreal is quite confident he can now sign anyone that he wants without the academic restrictions at Stanford.He did well at Stanford,with what he could get.Now he will get everyone that he wants and then some. :wink:
                          "Sprintin' ain't easy,baby !

Comment

Originally posted by fourjz
                            Coach Floreal is quite confident he can now sign anyone that he wants without the academic restrictions at Stanford.He did well at Stanford,with what he could get.Now he will get everyone that he wants and then some. :wink:
                            Oh, now I get it. All the other SEC (and ACC) coaches have promised to not go after any of the athletes he wants, and he may exceed the NCAA limit on scholarships! Why didn't you say so in the first place!

Comment

marlow, what makes you think the SEC is tougher than the P12? This is not football.

Comment

Working...
                              X