Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Ychlindria Spears?

I suppose I should be the person answering this question, since I live in Austin and avidly follow the Lady Horns, but does anyone know where she went or what happened? She's only 35th on this year's LJ list and nowhere to be found on the TJ, and she's never matched her high school marks. As far as I know, she didn't even compete in the Big 12 championships.
    "Run fast and keep turning left."

Re: What happened to Ychlindria Spears?

I searched all over the place and found no information regarding why Spears hasn't been competing.

Spears was 5th in the indoor Big 12 meet in the LJ, and 4th in the TJ.

Her only outdoor mark this season was early at the Texas Relays, where she did 6.17 (20-02.75) in the LJ.

Since you are from Austin, why don't you just call up the athletic department and inquire if she has been injured or has left the team? It's possible that you might not get an answer, since as far as I can tell, no story was published regarding her circumstances. Colleges are required to comply to privacy rules regarding students, so some information they cannot divulge.

Comment

You won't get much out of the Texas (or any other) sports info regarding Spears. They didn't mention anything about Aaron Collins leaving the team this season as they just left him off the roster. That's expected from any sports info office.

Aaron collins recently made an appearance in the Lil Wayne video called "Bring it Back." He's trying to make a new career as a rapper and I hear it's going well.

It's off the hizzy-fo-shizzy.

Comment

Yeah, I could just ask the SID, since I'm on his mailing list. And you're right -- they never announced that about Aaron. This is the first I've heard of it.

Comment

The June issue reports that Aaron Collins left track to pursue opportunities in rap music. This info was received from the very helpful Texas SID.

Keep in mind that universitites are often under strict confidentiality rules and thus can not release much personal information about athletes.

Comment

> This info was received from the very helpful Texas SID.

Yes, Texas' SIDs have always been very helpful to me. Todd Trulli is a great guy -- he started out as the t&f SID, and I think he directs the whole department now.

Comment

Just heard back from Ian Hofler, UT SID: Collins is "no longer competing" and Spears has a bone stress injury in her right leg. She might compete at regionals.

Comment

Working...
              X