Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF you could decide the winner of ONE event

So imagine YOU have the power to decided the winner of one event who would you have win it?

My choice is easy: Dylan Armstrong in the SP.

Anyone else want oto play this game? ONE athlete, ONE win.

Okay my next choice (and this surprises even me) AF in the 200.

Break the rules of my own game..... ops:

Re: IF you could decide the winner of ONE event

Jessica Ennis prevails in an amazing three way battle. I think that would get the home crowd going wild.

Comment

I would like to see Jeremy Wariner win another 400..
      kinda like Carl Lewis winning the LJ at Atlanta when he was almost out of it in the prelims..

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
        kinda like Carl Lewis winning the LJ at Atlanta when he was almost out of it in the prelims..
        You know Wariner did not make the team right?...

I would love for Powell and Gay to dead heat for 1st in the 100m. :P

Comment

Originally posted by ATK
          Originally posted by lonewolf
          You know Wariner did not make the team right?...

Oh, yeah. OK, I'll wait for Rio in 2016.
          Besides, that wasn't in the question.

Comment

Rupp in 10,000. It's just so improbable, but yet just barely possible in unlikely, wild, fantastic, almost-impossible-to-imagine circumstances, it would be really amazing.

Comment

Interesting game!
              At first, I was ready to say ME in the marathon.....in an OG and WR time of 2:02:36!!!
              Okay, back to Earth!

How about Galen Rupp winning the 10K!!

But I'd love to go back in time with this game, and do a replay of the 1984 OG Women's 3000.
              Have Mary Decker (She was still Decker then!!) and Zola Budd (She was still Budd then!) NOT crash!!
              I'd have Zola beating Mary in a (then-)OG and WR time!!

P.S. After submitting this post, I saw where ExCoastRanger ALSO chose Rupp!!!
              It's unanimous!!!

Comment

Yeah it is hard to pick one which is why I cheated a bit. I mean obviously I want Dylan as he is Canadian and a friend . I have watched him compete since the age of 13 and go through some tough times athletically.

So try and stick to one.....as the fairy godmother of track that is all I allow except for myself. :P

I say AF because after 8 year of hard work I think she deserves it. She is a magnificent runner and talent. I hope her time has come. And I do like VCB a lot too...

Comment

Originally posted by ATK
                  That would be great. Then we can stop debating Tarmoh - Felix.

Originally posted by aaronk
                  But I'd love to go back in time with this game, and do a replay of the 1984 OG Women's 3000.
                  Have Mary Decker (She was still Decker then!!) and Zola Budd (She was still Budd then!) NOT crash!!
                  I'd have Zola beating Mary in a (then-)OG and WR time!!
                  A perfect result. But to rub it in I would have Decker leading into the home straight by about 15m or so, start showboating and pumping her fist in triumph with 50m to go, and then for Budd to beat her on the line.

Comment

Overs.
                    Since I was nit-picked out of picking Wariner just because he is not on the team, I would like to see Will Claye win both the TJ and LJ.

Comment

Any race that can produce a last lap TV announcer call like with Dave Wottle in 1972 (Jim McKay) or with Billy Mills in 1964 (Dick Bank). Sadly, I'm not sure NBC's announcers have it in them for a call like that, no matter WHAT happens on the track.
                      Anyway, that rules out all events that don't have a 'last lap'. The 400 doesn't count- the last lap is the ONLY lap.

Comment

Ignoring Bolt and Jess, because they're going to happen anyway :wink:

Now - Rutherford

Historically - Steve Backley, Joao Carlos de Oliveira, Skeets Nehemiah, Grete Waitz

Comment

Such a hard one!

I would say Sally Pearson but I don't have to waste a wish on her as I think she can do it anyway, I'd like Perri Shakes Drayton to win. She's a young athlete from the East End winning in front of her home crowd. Plus the post race interview would probably challenge Sally's Athen effort!

I think it would have a broader impact too, motivating others and dismissing some of the negative focus the Games may have got in the lead up. Also I want CVC to stay on and he needs to hit his target to do it!

Comment

Asafa has his usual bullet start but then keeps running harder than ever and wins crashing both Bolt and his olympic record. Otherwise, I would also like to see Tyson Gay winning.

Comment

At a home Olympics this is too hard

I agree with PSD and also TBO but most of all it has to be Paula
                              i deserve extra credit

Comment

Working...
                              X