X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-2-Go
    replied
    Re: Bolt Competing in First European Meet

I agree with you, Brazilian Fan: I would like to see Bolt compete over a number of years. He may encounter Bekele-type success as a young man and get even stronger and faster as he matures, learns, develops and grows. As Bolt grows as a person and as an athlete, and then translates that experience, he will encounter success; he will amass even greater rewards and accolades down the road.

Leave a comment:

• Brazilian Track fan
    replied

Guys... I did not say that Steve Lewis has not have a great career... I am only saying that he was very young when he won his first gold medal and after 92 he wasn`t able to made any Olympic or WC team. If you look at Michael Johnson`s career you will see what I mean... I would love to see Bolt winning the gold in Athens, but I would like to see him for a long time winning...not just for a few years.
    I am sorry if my last comment sound disrespectifull, I know how great and fast Steve Lewis was.

Leave a comment:

• 1-2-Go
    replied

>Most people would be very happy to have a career like Steve Lewis. It is still
    >true however that after going from 45+ to 43.87 in one year he never ran faster
    >than he did at 19 years of age.

No matter...he anchored a WR-team which included Andrew Valmon, Michael Johnson and Quincy Watts. Some things are just priceless.

Leave a comment:

• dhanesworth
    replied

Most people would be very happy to have a career like Steve Lewis. It is still true however that after going from 45+ to 43.87 in one year he never ran faster than he did at 19 years of age.

Leave a comment:

• basehead617
    replied

yeah i cracked up a fair amount at that comment.. steve lewis, if only he had been something!!!

Leave a comment:

• mike renfro
    replied

Yeah, I remember Steve Lewis. OG gold and silver, plus 2 relay golds and a 43.87 PR. HE sure didn't pan out.

Leave a comment:

• Brazilian Track fan
    replied

Bolt still to young for us to compare him to Michael Johnson. Remember Steve Lewis? I really want to see him be the next great star in track but we have to give him time.He is going to turn 18 during the Olimpics and he will be running against the best now, not juniors. So let´s be carefull before all this hype became something like Alan Webb´s.
    Gatlin is a great sprinter but I believe he is going to focus more in the dash during the season. But the US have a lot of good sprinters and there is the ageless Frankie Fredericks and some Brits and Kenteris.
    Finally the 200 became interesting again.
    I am Looking forward for the Olimpics final.

Leave a comment:

• DentyCracker
    replied

Well it looks like he might have to run that to beat Bolt the way the boy is running. I think Asafa Powell's 20.10 puts him in contention to make the final if he stays unhurt until then. I heard that he is going to run the 200m at the trials next month. (I was surprised to hear that)

Leave a comment:

• Decastar
    replied

I think Gatlin's got it in him this year.

Leave a comment:

• basehead617
    replied

>
    One day, GATLIN will set a regular sub-19"65.
    Remember.

that's feasible, yes. i say bolt first though

Leave a comment:

replied

One day, GATLIN will set a regular sub-19"65.
    Remember.

Leave a comment:

• basehead617
    replied

he will only beat it if he wants to. too many people flame out.. i dont want to hold my breath and be disappointed. the fact that he's so young i think hurts his chances slightly because he has so much growing to do as a person that he may decide within 2 years he doesnt really care about this stuff anymore.. he's sooo young.

even if he doesn't work long enough to break it, i feel comfortable saying he will beat fredericks' best even before when he might flame out..

Leave a comment:

• BCBaroo
    replied

What do y'all think...2008. 19.31?
    Thinkable or unthinkable...

Leave a comment:

• ycn
    replied

Bolt has won his last 15 finals in the 200, but of course they weren't against open international competition.

Leave a comment:

• FORTISDON
    replied

Be patient. You won't have long to wait. Of course all of you who were priviledged to be at the Penn Relays this year or viewed the telecast would have been given a preview of the 2004 version of Bolt chasing Jerome Young on his relay leg and more than holding his own. Doesn't appear as if the chap is willing to pay any dues.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X