Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1:41 800s

The expectation for Rudisha is to threaten the WR in the Oly final. Seems odd to think that 1:41 has been done a dozen times now, half by Rudisha!

1:41.01 Rudisha 2010
    1:41.09 Rudisha 2010
    1:41.11 Kipketer 1997
    1:41.24 Kipketer 1997
    1:41.33 Rudisha 2011
    1:41.51 Rudisha 2010
    1:41.54 Rudisha 2012
    1:41.73 Coe 1981
    1:41.73 Kipketer 1997
    1:41.74 Rudisha 2012
    1:41.77 Cruz 1984
    1:41.83 Kipketer 1996

Re: 1:41 800s

I think he will run fast but not a WR. Reason(s): 3 rounds and no one to really push him.

Comment

Originally posted by lovetorun
      I think he will run fast but not a WR. Reason(s): 3 rounds and no one to really push him.
      He can coast the rounds and make a statement in the Final. I really don't think it will be enough for him (the most prohibitive favorite in T&F!) to just win.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
        He can coast the rounds and make a statement in the Final. I really don't think it will be enough for him (the most prohibitive favorite in T&F!) to just win.
        I've seen several people say something to this effect, but has Rudisha himself said anything like this?

Comment

I really don't think it will be enough for him (the most prohibitive favorite in T&F!) to just win.
          So an Olympic gold medal is really not that big a deal?

This whole idea is just wacky. Winning WILL be "enough."

Comment

Originally posted by kuha
            I really don't think it will be enough for him (the most prohibitive favorite in T&F!) to just win.

As always ( ! ) I'm in agreement with kuha. No point in getting greedy.

Comment

Is he not T&F's equivalent of mBask's Dream Team (not in the cocky sense - in the BEST EVER sense)? Just winning is DEFINITELY not enough for them.

Comment

Is he not T&F's equivalent of mBask's Dream Team (not in the cocky sense - in the BEST EVER sense)? Just winning is DEFINITELY not enough for them.
                I have stated in the past that I agree with everything you say. So, to repeat, I AGREE completely that this idea that he has to both win AND set a WR is totally nuts, as you have [implicitly] stated. You're welcome!

Comment

I have stated in the past that I agree with everything you say. So, to repeat, I AGREE completely that this idea that he has to both win AND set a WR is totally nuts, as you have [implicitly] stated. You're welcome!
                  Um . . . thank you . . . ?

Comment

Has there ever, and I mean ever, been a time that marlow did not endeavor to get the last word ?

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
                      Has there ever, and I mean ever, been a time that marlow did not endeavor to get the last word ?
                      NEVA! I'm on a staycation for the OGs!

Comment

Originally posted by tgs3
                        I've seen several people say something to this effect, but has Rudisha himself said anything like this?
                        He has said a WR in London is unrealistic, but he's targeting the WR in Zurich.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Treadway
                          He has said a WR in London is unrealistic, but he's targeting the WR in Zurich.
                          Which is the logical and appropriate strategy.

Comment

I think whats happening is that Rudisha is reaching that Bolt territory of unstoppable. And its in a seems working against him. He is at the point where he is so dominant by such a huge margin, It makes his wins "somewhat" lackluster unless they are in extraordinary times.

If Rudisha walks away from the field and runs a 1.42 low in London, how exciting would that be?
                            He would probably be more of the 2nd conversation while most of the talk would be about the other placers.

Think about it like with Bolt. Even with all the doubt surrounding him right now. IMO If Bolt walked away from the 100m field, how entertaining would that really be? He has done it so many times, that unless he runs a WR its just another win.

That being said, I don't think he will run a WR, but I think he will win in sub 1.42. I think he has said many times that he just needs to win. No point in risking it when he is the closest thing to a lock next to the mens 4x4 in London.

Comment

I dont think if Rushida wins in 1:42.30 or something that it takes away from the significance of his win, just because of his dominance or because he has run 1:41 half a dozen times. i think with rounds and also the tactcal nature of global finals that it would be too much of a risk for him to go out and attempt WR pace, if one little thing goes wrong then he could possibly not win, which would be catastrophic for someone of his dominance.

I say, just focus on winning, especially considering he will already have 2 races under his belt, then he can go all out for the WR in Zurich and pick up the bonus money aswell.

THe Olympics are all about winning - but it definately is mega exciting when we see records come down aswell.

as for bolt - I think bolt simply winning this year will be just as big, if not a bigger story than his previous wins, because he is so famous but in addition - there has been doubt cast on his ability to win due to the emergence of a rival who has beaten him in the national trials. A champion coming through when his back is against the wall from not only one but several challengers is a massive story

Comment

Working...
                              X