Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be waking up at 5:00 am EST beginning Fri to watch.

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who will be waking up at 5:00 am EST beginning Fri to wa

Originally posted by 18.99s
    Originally posted by rsb2
    No tv or cable or satellite required, no downloads, no cost and no need to wait for tape delayed here.

Go to sites such as WorldTVSite.net, LiveTVCafe.net, FreeFootball.org, Firstrowsports, Sportlemon, Stopstream, Oleoeletv, livetv.run/en, etc. If the sites are still up for the Olympics (which they all were this morning), then they are legal.
    NBC probably had to spend a ton of money in 2008 blocking those and similar sites from reaching the US, that they decided this time it's not worth the effort and money to block them, considering that fewer people in the US will use them anyway since most can watch the events on nbcolympics.com. But if they could block them cheaply and easily, they would.
    How do some of those sites make a living? Probably by getting you to download some software to watch and bingo, here comes Mr. Virus....

Comment

Originally posted by DecFan
      I'm watching via the BBC, which allows you to back up to any point earlier in the broadcast. So it's tempting to wake at a normal hour. But how can I earn the big bucks TaFNews pays me to do decathlon commentary unless I'm watching live? (Note that the decathlon 110 hurdles are at 4am Eastern . . .)

How do you get BBC?

And yes you need to man your station during the Dec!

Comment

Originally posted by slowjo
        5am? NO WAY!

I will be up at 2am PST.....
        I might just stay up all night.

Comment

I am trying to train myself towards getting up around 1:30 am, Pacific, each morning, staying up until the morning session ends (maybe 4-5), then try and catch a nap for a few hours, and up again for the afternoon session, usually starting around 11:00 am Pacific. It's going to be a bit tricky, but I so-o-o-o-o prefer watching events live, rather than as recorded history ! I hope to be watching with 2 computer screens and either 1 or 2 TV's, so it should be rather a fun logistical exercise! I won't be posting any results here, but my Facebook and Twitter pages will be hopping

Comment

Any regular BBC watchers here?

Have they been doing features and interviews leading up to Friday? I want to catch a few of those.

Comment

So who's up I love getting up at 1:45 to watch some olympics.

Comment

I started watching around 2:30.
                BTW, the SC heats were interrupted for Hep HJ attempts, although there was a separate stream for the Hep. There was (or I could not find) a separate stream for just the running events. Of course, it was only the SC heats that got interrupted.
                Sigh,
                Alan Shank

Comment

It has been a looong day.

I am sure I will gain ten pounds just having so much more time to eat. :shock:

Comment

I pulled an all nighter last night,watching all the track from 2 to 5;30, got a few hour sleep from about 6 am to 10 am this morning in between the track sessions. Now I may get a few hours before the Women's Triathlon starts at 1:00 am, and then track from 2 onwards again. With 2 computer screens and 1 TV going, I haven't missed a thing

Comment

Originally posted by rsb2
                      With 2 computer screens and 1 TV going, I haven't missed a thing
                      Only 3 screens? I've got five 2 PCs, 2 old laptops and a netbook for startlists/results. Sometimes they run four different feeds at once and with the potential for crashes/buffering its been nice to have not missed a moment, though there's sometimes duplication between the main feed and the extra feeds. I'm just hoping the whole system doesn't crash during the evening feeds this weekend. Those of us who stay up all night watching should get priority feeds :wink:

Comment

Working...
                      X