Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶2012 OG: wHJ–Anna Chicherova (Russia) 6-8¾ (2.05)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ¶2012 OG: wHJ–Anna Chicherova (Russia) 6-8¾ (2.05)

T&FN formchart advancers to final

1. Anna Chicherova (Russia)
    2. Chaunté Lowe (USA)
    3. Svetlana Shkolina (Russia)
    4. Ruth Beitia (Spain)
    5. Tia Hellebaut (Belgium)
    6. Brigetta Barrett (USA)

7. Tonje Angelsen (Norway)
    8. Irina Gordeyeva (Russia)
    9. Emma Green Tregaro (Sweden)

10. Amy Acuff (USA)

Re: 2012 OG: wHJ–

The lonely women's high jump.
    Nobody seems to care.
    COME ON you Amy Acuff calendar fans, get this topic cranked up! (well, keep it on topic of course.) :lol:

Will the women's high jumpers have as much trouble with the wind as the pole vaulters? Or is it just that pole vaulters are brainwashed into thinking they have to wait for the wind to be just perfect?

And what about the London rain? Will we see any Dwight Stones-style squeegeeing to get the apron dry?

Is the Olympic record (2.06m) in any jeopardy here? That's about 6' 9" for those of us who still use the measuring tape that the good Lord intended. LOL - just kidding. JUST KIDDING! NO, no!- not the hot poker up the nostrils! I already gave at the office!

And the big question we all want to know, for the office pool. Which high jumper is going to pass to the highest height before entering the competition in the Final? And what height will that be?

Okay, maybe that's enough stimulus material for even you diehard fence straddlers.

Comment

It's them Commies agin us Murkans!
      How will Lowe & Barr fare against Chich and Shkol?
      Lowe is still coming back from maternity and Barrett is an ascendant (pun!) collegian - I like their chances.

Comment

Okay high jump fans, we're down to five hours before the flag drops on this barn burner.

Do you agree with the T&FN predictions or don't ya?
        As Marlow said- Commies or Murkans?
        :wink:

You don't have to pick medalists (for now).. just pick the 12 finalists.

You can use whatever methodology you want. Astrology. Shoe sponsor. Their name sounds cool. Heck, if you're a *real* idiot for this stuff, you can even base it on their recent form!

Comment

T&FN's top 6 seems reasonable. After that, it's dicey. Angelsen is very promising but quite inexperienced.
          Tregaro-Green tends to pick it up late in the season but she's been pretty lame so far. Don't expect much from Gordeyeva. She used to be almost interchangeable with Shkolina but Skholina has developed into a contender this year.
          I'll go with Chicherova over Lowe. I have a feeling Barrettt might end up higher than sixth.

Comment

I Really don't know squat about this event other than at diamond league meets the american always entertains

Comment

I picked: Chich - Lowe - Barrett as the medalists. Probably doomed at least one of them!

Comment

The weather gets warm today, so it should be good for high jumping....
                8-)
                I went to both days of the Crystal Palace Diamond League, and my highlight was the women's high jump. It was right at my side of the stadium, and Lowe was a great entertainer, as always, beating Chicherova on the day. I'm rooting for her to get gold, and for St Lucia's Lavern Spencer to do a PB.
                My heart is still in the Caribbean....

Comment

I am cheering for Tia...

If she fluked a win she would be the most unlikely double-gold in history, I would think.

That said, she'll be doing well to get a medal

Comment

Chaunte Lowe bows to her adoring fans....clear at 1.93.
                    8-)

Comment

Amy Acuff goes out at 1,90, fails to qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by DecFan
                        Amy Acuff goes out at 1,90, fails to qualify.
                        So does Lavern Spencer....

Comment

Apparently down to 14 jumpers; now there seems to be some confusion and discussion with the officials.

Comment

Oh this is so comic... "All I want to know is -- jump or pass?" :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by BruceFlorman
                              Oh this is so comic... "All I want to know is -- jump or pass?" :lol:
                              Yeah, they've been discussing with each other and with the officials for the last ten minutes or so...

Comment

Working...
                              X