Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶2012 OG: wHJ–Anna Chicherova (Russia) 6-8¾ (2.05)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ¶2012 OG: wHJ–Anna Chicherova (Russia) 6-8¾ (2.05)

I think Lowe just had a bad day too, just like Williams. She can still jump 2.05m-ish.

I really doubt that Barrett has 2.10m potential. Actually, she doesn't have 2.10m potential.

Comment

Originally posted by marknhj
      I think Lowe just had a bad day too, just like Williams. She can still jump 2.05m-ish.

I really doubt that Barrett has 2.10m potential. Actually, she doesn't have 2.10m potential.
      Doesn't? Or hasn't shown it yet. She sure improved an awful lot this year and we are only talking 2 + inches?

You never know!

Comment

Originally posted by odelltrclan

Doesn't? Or hasn't shown it yet. She sure improved an awful lot this year and we are only talking 2 + inches?

You never know!
        Sometimes you just have to be real, two inches (actually 2.75") can be the equivalent of two feet at this level.

Comment

I recall Amy Acuff being quoted (in her Playboy photo spread in 2004....when she was 28-29) as saying she wanted to jump 7 feet (2.13 or 2.14??)!!
          I don't know if ANY woman will get 7 feet, but Barrett is still only 21 years old.
          Lowe is 28, and Chicherova is 30!!

Barrett has MANY years left to get those extra inches (centimeters)!!

Comment

I don't see any of the actual female high jumpers over 7 feet, sorry

Comment

Originally posted by odelltrclan

You never know!
              Sometimes you just have to be real, two inches (actually 2.75") can be the equivalent of two feet at this level.
              The thing is, a statement like that will be proven right 99.99% of the time because we are essentially saying I am betting she never breaks the WR. The odds are stacked in your favor in that one. However, when you think about it, we are talking a college student who has never likely trained full time to extract every ounce of potential she has out of herself. Of course, you have to be lucky too. And motivation? She may not have it after achieving an Olympic medal. My bet is with full time training she could get 3 more vertical inches in leaping ability. But if and whether she could translate that to 5 more centimeters (or even 1), who knows. Given the difficulty of having all the stars seemingly align perfectly for that to happen, it is unlikely, but possible.

Comment

Originally posted by mump boy
                Originally posted by dukehjsteve
                US lead baton in the HJ has now been passed from Chaunte to Brigetta. She's got a shot at 2.10.
                Someone jumps 2.03 ONCE with a ridiculous technique and suddenly they're going to break the WR that has eluded Cloete, Berquist, Sleserenko, Vlasic, Chicherova !! :roll:
                Actually, the fact that she hits 2.03 with poor technique and is still young enough to learn better technique makes her more likely to go higher. WR, not likely, but not impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235

Actually, the fact that she hits 2.03 with poor technique and is still young enough to learn better technique makes her more likely to go higher. WR, not likely, but not impossible.
                  Her bar clearance isn't bad at all. That run-up can be fixed. But talk about WR for Barrett at this time is highly premature. Nobody talks about WR for Shkolina, who also has progressed significantly this year. She looked better on 2.05 than Barrett did.

Comment

Re: 2012 OG: wHJ–Dozen advance to final with 6-4 (1.93)

Originally posted by shivfan

That said, Barrett's outpouring of joy at beating her PB was wonderful to watch, and so was Chaunte's enthusiastic congratulations and support for her young team-mate.
                    I was probably near you becuase I saw that, too. Lowe was clearly heartbroken, but she was genuinely cheering for Barrett aftere she made her jump.

Comment

Working...
                    X