Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶2012 OG: w200–Allyson Felix (US) 21.88

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: 2012 OG: w200–Richards-Ross leads semis at 22.30

    Originally posted by DCSIGMA
    Originally posted by Weights&Shoes


    Lane 9 is not even a bad choice for Jeter.
    She ran her PB in the trials from Lane 8...correct?
    Yep. That is correct.

    Comment


    • Re: 2012 OG: w200–Richards-Ross leads semis at 22.30

      Interesting fact.... Jeter has never beaten VCB in a 200....

      Comment


      • Re: 2012 OG: w200–Richards-Ross leads semis at 22.30

        Interesting lane draw. Jeter benefitted from an outside lane at the US trails and ran well, so no reason to believe she wont do the same here. Felix also has a nice gentle curve and a good starter in Jeter outside her. VCB and SAFP do have the better lanes, but I can't see it making any difference because Felix just looks awesome. The only way she can't win is if SAFP/VCB go out so hard they scare her and she tightens up, but I dont see this.

        I'm not sure who was suggesting SAFP was in 21.5-21.7 form but there's no evidence for that thus far. On her SF form she does look like she can go faster but I dont see sub 22. SRR I feel, will just find this race one too many. VCB looked tired after the SF but she will fight on as defending champion, she was so much better than in her heat. Jeter was trying hard to catch VCB and, as a rule, if you beat someone by that distance in the SF they're not going to reverse it in the Final.

        1st Felix...but as to 2nd and 3rd, I can't decide, but I'll for for VCB as defending champion. Bronze I have no idea.

        Comment


        • Re: 2012 OG: w200–Richards-Ross leads semis at 22.30

          Originally posted by t_monk
          Originally posted by tracknut2012
          Perfect lane assignment for Jamaica. Both of our athletes on the inside lane to keep a close eye on the Americans on the outside.

          I predict both Fraser and Veronica will come around the bend first.
          PERFECT lane draw for SAFP and VCB I agree... This changes the dynamic of this race just a bit for me... Will be interesting to see how this unfolds....

          VCB, SAFP and Felix will be the medalists me thinks.
          I hope you aren't predicting the results in that order.... If so, then that's fine. All I can say is "Remember the Trials." They can key off of AF as much as they want, because AF will simply key off of Jeter, so it will be a fun race to watch....

          Comment


          • Re: 2012 OG: w200–Richards-Ross leads semis at 22.30

            How did Felix end up in lane 7? Ouch.VCB and Shelly have the better lanes and Shelly will pull VCB with her.This race will be amazing.Allyson for the gold, Shelly silver and vcb Bronze

            Comment


            • Re: 2012 OG: w200–Richards-Ross leads semis at 22.30

              Originally posted by Gabriella
              Interesting lane draw. Jeter benefitted from an outside lane at the US trails and ran well, so no reason to believe she wont do the same here. Felix also has a nice gentle curve and a good starter in Jeter outside her. VCB and SAFP do have the better lanes, but I can't see it making any difference because Felix just looks awesome. The only way she can't win is if SAFP/VCB go out so hard they scare her and she tightens up, but I dont see this.

              I'm not sure who was suggesting SAFP was in 21.5-21.7 form but there's no evidence for that thus far. On her SF form she does look like she can go faster but I dont see sub 22. SRR I feel, will just find this race one too many. VCB looked tired after the SF but she will fight on as defending champion, she was so much better than in her heat. Jeter was trying hard to catch VCB and, as a rule, if you beat someone by that distance in the SF they're not going to reverse it in the Final.

              1st Felix...but as to 2nd and 3rd, I can't decide, but I'll for for VCB as defending champion. Bronze I have no idea.
              Dang! I have to wait until tonight to see AF in the semi!!! I agree with you fully!! AF is not the type of runner to tighten up if a runner pulls up along side of her. She is too smooth for that.... 8-)

              Comment


              • Re: 2012 OG: w200–Richards-Ross leads semis at 22.30

                Well if VCB is going to rub sub 22 she will be guaranteed a medal . I am happy with that semifinal .Tomorrow I think VCB comes of the curve in front and will try to hold on until allyson comes pass her .But the favourite is clearly Allyson but a defending champions does not let go of her tittle without a fight

                Comment


                • Re: 2012 OG: w200–Richards-Ross leads semis at 22.30

                  Gabriella...I love your objective opinions....keep it up counselor...

                  Comment


                  • Re: 2012 OG: w200–Richards-Ross leads semis at 22.30

                    Originally posted by running4life
                    How did Felix end up in lane 7? Ouch.VCB and Shelly have the better lanes and Shelly will pull VCB with her.This race will be amazing.Allyson for the gold, Shelly silver and vcb Bronze
                    I think VCB will win the Silver medal

                    Comment


                    • Re: 2012 OG: w200–Richards-Ross leads semis at 22.30

                      Felix just looks superb, she's balanced, her stride looks longer than ever and there's no rocking or tension. Only VCB in her 2008 form could challenge, and she isnt in that form and no one else is. If Felix were to lose this (and she just wont) it would be a MAJOR shock to me.

                      Comment


                      • Re: 2012 OG: w200–Richards-Ross leads semis at 22.30

                        Originally posted by Gabriella
                        Felix just looks superb, she's balanced, her stride looks longer than ever and there's no rocking or tension. Only VCB in her 2008 form could challenge, and she isnt in that form and no one else is. If Felix were to lose this (and she just wont) it would be a MAJOR shock to me.
                        to be honest if she were to loose i would be quite shock also . But if somebody else were to go sub 22 i wouldn't be shocked

                        Comment


                        • Re: 2012 OG: w200–Richards-Ross leads semis at 22.30

                          Originally posted by jamal00005
                          Well if VCB is going to rub sub 22 she will be guaranteed a medal .
                          But there's no evidence on this season's form that she will run sub 22 and there's no evidence from the semi final either! She was running flat out for that 22.3. In the final, with that extra pressure and motivation, yes, she should run faster than her SF, but it'll be 22.0 at absolute best. I think she's more likley to run 22.1+ though.

                          I really can see a big gap here between Felix and the others.

                          Comment


                          • Re: 2012 OG: w200–Richards-Ross leads semis at 22.30

                            Originally posted by Gabriella
                            Originally posted by jamal00005
                            Well if VCB is going to rub sub 22 she will be guaranteed a medal .
                            But there's no evidence on this season's form that she will run sub 22 and there's no evidence from the semi final either! She was running flat out for that 22.3. In the final, with that extra pressure and motivation, yes, she should run faster than her SF, but it'll be 22.0 at absolute best. I think she's more likley to run 22.1+ though.

                            I really can see a big gap here between Felix and the others.
                            Yep.. Just like the 2012 OT 200 meter final when AF dropped the 21.6

                            Comment


                            • Re: 2012 OG: w200–Richards-Ross leads semis at 22.30

                              Felix is going to run away with this one, she is the only one who is in definite sub-22 shape and by far. It will be an amazing battle for the other medals though between the remaining 4 "contenders", they all seem to be in about 21.9 - 22.2 shape. If Felix doesn't win this, it will be a huge upset...

                              Comment


                              • Re: 2012 OG: w200–Richards-Ross leads semis at 22.30

                                Believe me, Felix looks like she could threaten Bolt's 19.19!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X