Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ¶2012 OG: w200–Allyson Felix (US) 21.88

Originally posted by jamal00005
    As a VCB fan can't say that im not dissapointed but congrats to Felix on her victory and well done to SAFP and Jeter for their respective medals .
    I just found out that VCB coach is none other than Omar. WTF was she thinking? I knew something was wrong when she started running those damn awful times. I hope she can bounce back at worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by Pelpa
      Originally posted by Grasshopper
      What's up with SAFP? She couldn't run as fast as she's apparently been running in practice. :roll:

Congrats to her on a great Olympic double, gold and silver, which is only diminished by the obsurd predictions and expectations of the flag-waiving Jamaicans.

Don't you think Felix deserves better than this post?
      My post had nothing to do with Felix. SAFP deserved better than the rediculous posts by some of her "fans".

Comment

Originally posted by basehead617
        21.88 into a -0.2 head-wind, what's that at 2.0 wind, stat monkeys?
        Correcting for wind in the 200m isn't necessarily as sraightforward as in the 100m, because in this case a cross-wind can provide assistance (or hindrance) on the bend. If you assume that -0.2m/s was completely in the direction of the straight, however, her time would probably be a low 21.7 with a 2m/s following wind.

Comment

Originally posted by running4life
          I hope this was a wake up call for VCB to get her act together and get a real coach.Omar is not a real coach.22.38 in a final really? I am so pissed off, nothing more than vcb focused more on the 100 and was running the 200 just on talent alone.
          Congrats to Allyson and Shelly and Jeter. Shelly got silver with a 22.08 that was a cake walk for vcb.I am so pissed the hell off.
          I think she did focus more on the 100 than the 200... I think she should do a DFM and focus on the 200 from now on in majors... I want her back for Rio and I want her to get the gold... #maniclook. She deserves those 3 gold medals.

Comment

I just heard lance mention something along the lines about VCB thinking of retirement and i was a bit shocked because VCB should now be looking forward to Moscow to retaining her 200m world tittle

Comment

As a VCB fan can't say that im not dissapointed but congrats to Felix on her victory and well done to SAFP and Jeter for their respective medals .
              I just found out that VCB coach is none other than Omar. WTF was she thinking? I knew something was wrong when she started running those damn awful times. I hope she can bounce back at worlds.
              Who is Omar? Her husband? If so, maybe she's trying to save a few "coins." Who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by t_monk
                I hope this was a wake up call for VCB to get her act together and get a real coach.Omar is not a real coach.22.38 in a final really? I am so pissed off, nothing more than vcb focused more on the 100 and was running the 200 just on talent alone.
                Congrats to Allyson and Shelly and Jeter. Shelly got silver with a 22.08 that was a cake walk for vcb.I am so pissed the hell off.
                I think she did focus more on the 100 than the 200... I think she should do a DFM and focus on the 200 from now on in majors... I want her back for Rio and I want her to get the gold... #maniclook. She deserves those 3 gold medals.
                I really don't think she will drop the 100m when it's the tittle she most desperately wants .But i think she should drop the 100m for next year and focus on lowering that 200m pr and do some 400m to gain some endurance strength

Comment

I just heard lance mention something along the lines about VCB thinking of retirement and i was a bit shocked because VCB should now be looking forward to Moscow to retaining her 200m world tittle
                  I doubt that, VCB will bounce back at worlds.She said once she stop winning medals she will retire. She won a bronze in the 100 and is still world champion.I am sure she will go back to the drawing board and work on whatever needs fixing.
                  Again congrats to Allsyon

Comment

Yea i am disappointed too, trying to get over the shock.
                    But maybe she focused on the hundred because she thought this was her last good chance to complete the collection.
                    Congrats Felix! Vcb please return to form in 2013

Comment

It was great to watch Felix win so convincingly and so predictably. What was frustrating is to have to listen to the idiots we have commentating for New Zealand TV. And to quote "The Amecican girl Felix has upset the more favoured Carmelita Jeter".

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki
                        It was great to watch Felix win so convincingly and so predictably. What was frustrating is to have to listen to the idiots we have commentating for New Zealand TV. And to quote "The Amecican girl Felix has upset the more favoured Carmelita Jeter".
                        You have got to be kidding me LOLOLOL

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki
                          You should be more pissed off that fox news featured srr this morning and did not even hint at the existence of af

Comment

I really don't think she will drop the 100m when it's the tittle she most desperately wants .But i think she should drop the 100m for next year and focus on lowering that 200m pr and do some 400m to gain some endurance strength
                            Any real coach would have told her to do this. I mean if your going to double at lease do some 400s.VCB couldn't even break a 22.30 for heaven sakes.Omar should never have been near her training muchless coaching. I know I am going over board but a 22.10 use to be cake walk for vcb. Damn fool to make her husband trained her.I would have rather her not show up for the 200 instead of running a amature 22.38 in a finals.She knew damn well she wasn't in great shape that why she wouldn't answer any questions about the 200.
                            Anyways done with my rant, she is still my queen

Comment

Any real coach would have told her to do this. I mean if your going to double at lease do some 400s.VCB couldn't even break a 22.30 for heaven sakes.Omar should never have been near her training muchless coaching. I know I am going over board but a 22.10 use to be cake walk for vcb. Damn fool to make her husband trained her.I would have rather her not show up for the 200 instead of running a amature 22.38 in a finals.She knew damn well she wasn't in great shape that why she wouldn't answer any questions about the 200.
                              Anyways done with my rant, she is still my queen
                              I really think she knows within her heart what she has to do .VCB does not give up so i think she will be running more 400m next season in order to gain that endurance training but yet still do some 100m to keep her sprint speed . Does anyone know where Allyson goes from here ,does she take up the 400m or does she continue the 200m

Comment

Originally posted by notlef70
                                Who is Omar? Her husband?

Yeah, same question for me. Who is he? What's his last name?

Comment

Working...
                                X