• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ¶2012 OG: w200–Allyson Felix (US) 21.88

Originally posted by sprintzfan
    Originally posted by notlef70
    Who is Omar? Her husband?

Yeah, same question for me. Who is he? What's his last name?
    He is her husband.Omar Brown

Comment

Omar Brown is her husband yes.... He was a 200m runner but has been battling with injuries.

Comment

Congrats to Felix.

I'm disappointed with VCB's run. It's as if she's forgotten how to run a 200.

I agree with those above who say she should run some quarters for some endurance strength, however Veronica has expressed many a times that she loathes running the distance and actually has only run it 4 or less times. And that was years ago :?

Comment

Originally posted by Adriana S
          Congrats to Felix.

I'm disappointed with VCB's run. It's as if she's forgotten how to run a 200.

I agree with those above who say she should run some quarters for some endurance strength, however Veronica has expressed many a times that she loathes running the distance and actually has only run it 4 or less times. And that was years ago :?
          Well I'm sure she hates them but she knows that if she doesn't run them her endurance running will not be good enough but again congrats to Felix

Comment

How big of an obstacle is running in lane 9? It isn't as tough as lane 1 or 2, correct?

I just want a better sense of how impressed or not, I should be with Jeter's performance.

Comment

omg kerron is going to Anchor the 4x100 WTF? Kerron can't even make it in the 100 meters finals how the hell can she run down Jeter? Even if Jamaica gives her a lead Jeter is going to run her ass down.Who the hell idea was it to put vcb on third leg? They just gave away another gold.Vbc is the best anchor Jamaiac has and they are willing to risk a gold medal with Kerron who sisn't even 60%? You can always leave it up to the Jamaicans to fuck things up

Comment

U wud think you would realise it is brown! Or is that asking too much

Comment

I think people are being too hard on VCB... She is allowed to have an off season... As much as I might not support her decision(s) at time, I must respect them...

I would hope that she gets it together in the years to come... If she intends to be a force in the 200 she is going to need step it up... We now have a 5 woman battle in the 200 at this point at the majors... one woman clearly out front and 4 women chasing her.... Of the 4 women... VCB is has the best chance of toppling Felix...

Comment

LOL! Yes efua ninsin, if I knew that the Omar they were talking about was her husband, then yes, I would have assumed that is where the Brown comes from in her name.

But alas. I had no idea whether this Omar was her husband or not. And I was going to Google him.

Have I satisfied you with my answer. Or do you have anything else smart ass to ask me?

Thanks for answering the question t_monk.

Comment

Originally posted by running4life
                      omg kerron is going to Anchor the 4x100 WTF? Kerron can't even make it in the 100 meters finals how the hell can she run down Jeter? Even if Jamaica gives her a lead Jeter is going to run her ass down.Who the hell idea was it to put vcb on third leg? They just gave away another gold.Vbc is the best anchor Jamaiac has and they are willing to risk a gold medal with Kerron who sisn't even 60%? You can always leave it up to the Jamaicans to fuck things up
                      VCB is the best curve runner JA has.... Kerron has to be on the team.... And that is the ONLY leg I would put Kerron on.

SAFP - SS - VCB - KS is the best line up we can give at this point....

Comment

Congrats to Felix, job done as expected.

Well done S-AF-P ! First time doubling with gold and silver results is no small accomplishment given the fields she ran against.
                        Regards,
                        toyracer

Comment

Hold up, wait a minute! You must be joshing! Um kerron? Please tell me you heard wrong? Or maybe you heard she is running the final leg of the heats!
                          Ridiculous. It was already an uphill battle to win gold and now they are saying to the Americans here take the gold you can have it. Is vcb now gonna even run the relay? You know what happened in 2009!

Comment

Originally posted by t_monk
                            Felix deserves this though. Without a doubt. Couldn't happen to a more deserving athlete actually. I still believe this doubling thing was bonkers...
                            Felix is my female facorite athlete of the last eight years. Was well worth not sleeping tonight to watch her race. Really happy for her.

Comment

Well I hope Richards-Ross can make the best out of a two-day recovery process for the long relay. Haven't a clue on the magnitude of fitness deficit from the last six days.

My colleague determined from his on-site recording that Felix took approximately five fewer steps than Fraser-Pryce in the final 100m with a 0.13 difference in time. Since I was told the recording was @ 60Hz, no doubt its' accuracy is very questionable. Hope to see an IAAF analysis similar to '08 on these sprint races.

Comment

Okay, let me ask you this; you want VCB on anchor...who do you put on the curve? Stewart? The left handed Stewart who is uncomfortable getting the baton in her right hand? Stewart who can't run in VCB's shadow on the curve? After watching VCB in the 200m do you still think she is the best anchor Jamaica has? She certainly is the best curve runner which makes the third leg the logical choice for her.

It is accepted that Simpson and Stewart are shadows of their former selves but guess what? They are the women we have to work with. Like it or not, the order of S-AF-P to Simpson to VCB to Stewart is the best one because it makes the best use of each runners individual strengths. Baton changing will have to be spot on to be able to challenge the USA who are clear gold medal favorites for the relay.
                                Regards,
                                toyracer

Comment

Working...
                                X