Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ¶2012 OG: w200–Allyson Felix (US) 21.88

Well one thing's for sure - it's a good thing Felix skipped the 400. That very well may have made the difference in holding back SAFP in the 200
    https://twitter.com/walnuthillstrak

Comment

Congratulations to all three medal winners!

Comment

Originally posted by t_monk
        Originally posted by running4life
        omg kerron is going to Anchor the 4x100 WTF? Kerron can't even make it in the 100 meters finals how the hell can she run down Jeter? Even if Jamaica gives her a lead Jeter is going to run her ass down.Who the hell idea was it to put vcb on third leg? They just gave away another gold.Vbc is the best anchor Jamaiac has and they are willing to risk a gold medal with Kerron who sisn't even 60%? You can always leave it up to the Jamaicans to fuck things up
        VCB is the best curve runner JA has.... Kerron has to be on the team.... And that is the ONLY leg I would put Kerron on.

SAFP - SS - VCB - KS is the best line up we can give at this point....
        Dude I am so pissed off right now and trying not to lose my cool. Dude Keron was can't even make it to the 100 finals why the hell would they place her on anchor? VCB is the best anchor Jamaica has and they are putting a lame Kerron on anchor? Jeter is going to wipe the floor with Kerron.Vcb is a fighter and will run her ass off no matter where she gets the baton.
        Even if Kerron gets a lead Jeter is going to sail pass her for the gold. It's like Jamaica is saying here is the gold take it. What a stupid ass move. And Kerron ass knows she is not a great anchor her ass is being selfish.I cant wait for Jeter to stomp on her and then they will leave vcb on anchor until she retires.

Comment

VCB should have focused on the 200. Three consecutive 200 golds would be far more legend-worthy than adding the 100 gold to her collection. Those 3 straight 200 golds would be a feat likely to stand unduplicated for the next 100 years.

Comment

VCB just did an interview and she said that she had a few rough weeks and had to leave camp to seek help.Hope all is well.Still my boo.
            Of course VCB is Jamaica's best anchor.Did you people see Kerron anchoring in 09? ENOUGH SAID.I don't know why people are acting liek vcb is just an ok anchor when she have been anhoring since 04. Cant done of those other ladies anchor like vcb.

Comment

USATF trumpeting Felix as most decorated wc/oly female 200 runner with seven medals. Not true, of course(Ottey, 10 total 200 medals)
              https://twitter.com/walnuthillstrak

Comment

Kerron shouldn't be an anchor.

Jeter can run her down, I can't say the same if VCB or SAFP is at the anchor leg.

Comment

omg kerron is going to Anchor the 4x100 WTF? Kerron can't even make it in the 100 meters finals how the hell can she run down Jeter? Even if Jamaica gives her a lead Jeter is going to run her ass down.Who the hell idea was it to put vcb on third leg? They just gave away another gold.Vbc is the best anchor Jamaiac has and they are willing to risk a gold medal with Kerron who sisn't even 60%? You can always leave it up to the Jamaicans to fuck things up
                  VCB is the best curve runner JA has.... Kerron has to be on the team.... And that is the ONLY leg I would put Kerron on.

Dude I am so pissed off right now and trying not to lose my cool. Dude Keron was can't even make it to the 100 finals why the hell would they place her on anchor? VCB is the best anchor Jamaica has and they are putting a lame Kerron on anchor? Jeter is going to wipe the floor with Kerron.Vcb is a fighter and will run her ass off no matter where she gets the baton.
                  Even if Kerron gets a lead Jeter is going to sail pass her for the gold. It's like Jamaica is saying here is the gold take it. What a stupid ass move. And Kerron ass knows she is not a great anchor her ass is being selfish.I cant wait for Jeter to stomp on her and then they will leave vcb on anchor until she retires.
                  Isn't the lineup being reacted to here simply an opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by jamal00005
                    As a VCB fan can't say that im not dissapointed but congrats to Felix on her victory and well done to SAFP and Jeter for their respective medals .
                    Yes,only now will I accept the fact that VCB has finally been defeated in the 200M.She is Olympic & World Champion.Now we can say VCB did'nt win,Congrats to Allyson Felix who has worked hard for her success,coming out of High school to turn pro.The first to do so.
                    "Sprintin' ain't easy,baby !

Comment

@ running for life you are to dramatic LOOL what ever happens let it be i really dont know how those relay legs will work out but i will go ahead and say that kerron can be ran down by jeter but if she has a great lead i think she can possibly hold off jeter

Comment

Any real coach would have told her to do this. I mean if your going to double at lease do some 400s.VCB couldn't even break a 22.30 for heaven sakes.Omar should never have been near her training muchless coaching. I know I am going over board but a 22.10 use to be cake walk for vcb. Damn fool to make her husband trained her.I would have rather her not show up for the 200 instead of running a amature 22.38 in a finals.She knew damn well she wasn't in great shape that why she wouldn't answer any questions about the 200.
                        Anyways done with my rant, she is still my queen
                        Veronica has run relatively poor 200s in other global meets; in 2005, she was 4th in 22.38, and in 2007 she ran 22.34 for silver, but .53 behind Allyson. Here 21.74 in Beijing was an outlier for her. She will be 31 next year, but Jeter is even older, so I don't think VCB should be written off in the deuce.
                        Cheers,
                        Alan Shank

Comment

I think people are being too hard on VCB... She is allowed to have an off season... As much as I might not support her decision(s) at time, I must respect them...

I would hope that she gets it together in the years to come... If she intends to be a force in the 200 she is going to need step it up... We now have a 5 woman battle in the 200 at this point at the majors... one woman clearly out front and 4 women chasing her.... Of the 4 women... VCB is has the best chance of toppling Felix...
                          I agree she is allowed to go home without a medal in the 200m she gave it her all and that is good enough for me .So onto the relays and we'll see what fortune they bring

Comment

Originally posted by jamal00005

@ running for life you are to dramatic LOOL what ever happens let it be i really dont know how those relay legs will work out but i will go ahead and say that kerron can be ran down by jeter but if she has a great lead i think she can possibly hold off jeter
                            With Allyson on second leg, Jamaica ain't getting no lead.USA will have a lead and Jeter will be gone like a ghost once she gets the baton. Kerron shouldn't be anywhere near the anchor and that is the honest truth.If this was old Kerron then yes but lame Kerron hell no. I will be right here on friday to say I told you so.

Comment

Where's Track Daddy? Sanya didn't have a bad Olympics by any means, but certainly not close to what TD was crowing about. After the OT, I never saw her as a medalist in the 2. Her win in the 400 was not as impressive as in Berlin, either, both timewise and margin-wise (.32 in Berlin).

She will be ready, though, for her usual outstanding relay leg, I assume. Maybe she will drop a sub-49 or two in the remaining DL meets.
                              Cheers,
                              Alan Shank

Comment

@ running for life - Even when we put VCB on anchor (she is the best anchor Jamaica has since she does not give up and always tries to run down ppl ) the Americans might have a bigger advantage since Stewart will have to resort to running second , where Allyson will trump her and then their third leg will still trump Simpson who will handover to VCB who then, will end up with a timultious task

Comment

Working...
                                X