Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ¶2012 OG: w200–Allyson Felix (US) 21.88

Originally posted by ChuiTai
    Well I hope Richards-Ross can make the best out of a two-day recovery process for the long relay. Haven't a clue on the magnitude of fitness deficit from the last six days.

My colleague determined from his on-site recording that Felix took approximately five fewer steps than Fraser-Pryce in the final 100m with a 0.13 difference in time. Since I was told the recording was @ 60Hz, no doubt its' accuracy is very questionable. Hope to see an IAAF analysis similar to '08 on these sprint races.
    60Hz is way more than enough to count the number of steps an athlete takes.

Comment

• Re: 2012 OG: w200–Richards-Ross leads semis at 22.30

Originally posted by EPelle
      2012 Gold Earned by: Felix, 21,88
      I was surprised by the relatively slow time compared to the last Olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by jamal00005
        Originally posted by t_monk
        Originally posted by running4life
        I hope this was a wake up call for VCB to get her act together and get a real coach.Omar is not a real coach.22.38 in a final really? I am so pissed off, nothing more than vcb focused more on the 100 and was running the 200 just on talent alone.
        Congrats to Allyson and Shelly and Jeter. Shelly got silver with a 22.08 that was a cake walk for vcb.I am so pissed the hell off.
        I think she did focus more on the 100 than the 200... I think she should do a DFM and focus on the 200 from now on in majors... I want her back for Rio and I want her to get the gold... #maniclook. She deserves those 3 gold medals.
        I really don't think she will drop the 100m when it's the tittle she most desperately wants .But i think she should drop the 100m for next year and focus on lowering that 200m pr and do some 400m to gain some endurance strength
        Veronica did win the 100m at the 2007 World Championships.

Comment

Originally posted by t_monk
          I hope this was a wake up call for VCB to get her act together and get a real coach.Omar is not a real coach.22.38 in a final really? I am so pissed off, nothing more than vcb focused more on the 100 and was running the 200 just on talent alone.
          Congrats to Allyson and Shelly and Jeter. Shelly got silver with a 22.08 that was a cake walk for vcb.I am so pissed the hell off.
          I think she did focus more on the 100 than the 200... I think she should do a DFM and focus on the 200 from now on in majors... I want her back for Rio and I want her to get the gold... #maniclook. She deserves those 3 gold medals.
          I really don't think she will drop the 100m when it's the tittle she most desperately wants .But i think she should drop the 100m for next year and focus on lowering that 200m pr and do some 400m to gain some endurance strength
          Any real coach would have told her to do this. I mean if your going to double at lease do some 400s.VCB couldn't even break a 22.30 for heaven sakes.Omar should never have been near her training muchless coaching. I know I am going over board but a 22.10 use to be cake walk for vcb. Damn fool to make her husband trained her.I would have rather her not show up for the 200 instead of running a amature 22.38 in a finals.She knew damn well she wasn't in great shape that why she wouldn't answer any questions about the 200.
          Anyways done with my rant, she is still my queen
          Give her coach some credit. Veronica made the decision to focus primarily on the 100m this yea since the Olympic 100m title is the only title she doesn't have(She is a two time Olympic champion at 200m and has won the 100 and the 200m at the World Championships)r. This resulted in the fastest time she has ever run the 100m in a championship(World or Olympics)

Give da man some credit.

Comment

With Allyson on second leg, Jamaica ain't getting no lead.USA will have a lead and Jeter will be gone like a ghost once she gets the baton. Kerron shouldn't be anywhere near the anchor and that is the honest truth.If this was old Kerron then yes but lame Kerron hell no. I will be right here on friday to say I told you so.
            This whole line of thought is simply lacking in picking up the whole picture. Sure, she will lose ground to Jeter. That does not mean that she should not be the anchor. If she is on the third leg instead of VB and loses 0.3 (when Jamaica may even be a little bit behind when she starts but is unlikely to be ahead by much), then no female anchor is going to touch Jeter. Since VCB is a better turn runner, it seems likely that their total time will be lowest if she runs 3rd. In fact, if she is a little bit ahead when VCB hands her the baton it might put a little pressure on the US for the exchange and gain time there, leaving Kerron at least a slim chance of running faster than she otherwise would and holding off the US.

As for this comment, with a good tailwind this is a 21.70 (see JRM above). Besides, with a cushion of 0.2, she could ease up a little bit.

Comment

@ tracknut - I will give her coach credit for the 100m performance and her start that drastically improved but as for the 200m her coach knew what needed to be done .But the girls were better today and VCB just wasn't good enough for a medal .As her fan i commend her for trying knowing that she wasn't 100 percent 200m sharp

Comment

Originally posted by guru
                Well one thing's for sure - it's a good thing Felix skipped the 400. That very well may have made the difference in holding back SAFP in the 200
                Another thing that is sure - Allyson Felix has made you and Shank eat your stupid words from 2011! I guess we will not hear any more foolish comments about how Felix has not improved since 2007. Talk about putting your foot in your mouth.

Comment

@ tracknut - I will give her coach credit for the 100m performance and her start that drastically improved but as for the 200m her coach knew what needed to be done .But the girls were better today and VCB just wasn't good enough for a medal .As her fan i commend her for trying knowing that she wasn't 100 percent 200m sharp
                  Again, her primary focus in training was the 100m and it showed.

I am sure she will get back to a more even 100/200m training regimen next year.

Comment

kudos to Felix, she waited three years and alas victory. I am not going to be hypocritical but what is due to Caesar should be given and as such she showed that she was truly superlative this year and it was hers for the taking. Nothing to take away from Felix triumph but I am a avid VCB fan and she is truly a champion of champions but the focus for her was the 100m this season and she paid less attention on her specialty. Knowing the caliber of athlete she is however, she will definitely wheel and come again.

Comment

21.50 is not impossible from this field today...would like to see them pushing each other come the remainder of the season into next.

Comment

Originally posted by sportsnerd
                        kudos to Felix, she waited three years and alas victory. I am not going to be hypocritical but what is due to Caesar should be given and as such she showed that she was truly superlative this year and it was hers for the taking. Nothing to take away from Felix triumph but I am a avid VCB fan and she is truly a champion of champions but the focus for her was the 100m this season and she paid less attention on her specialty. Knowing the caliber of athlete she is however, she will definitely wheel and come again.
                        I completely agree that she will wheel and come again because that is just VCB and thats y i love her but does anyone know if she will continue to double or if she will just choose one event and go with it

Comment

Originally posted by rainy.here
                          Originally posted by ChuiTai
                          Well I hope Richards-Ross can make the best out of a two-day recovery process for the long relay. Haven't a clue on the magnitude of fitness deficit from the last six days.

My colleague determined from his on-site recording that Felix took approximately five fewer steps than Fraser-Pryce in the final 100m with a 0.13 difference in time. Since I was told the recording was @ 60Hz, no doubt its' accuracy is very questionable. Hope to see an IAAF analysis similar to '08 on these sprint races.
                          60Hz is way more than enough to count the number of steps an athlete takes.
                          You must have one of those old black and white TVs, with the coat hanger wrapped in foil as the antenna, being held by one of your siblings, if you think that 60Hz isn't a quick enough refresh rate to show individual strides in any human sprint.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackFan4Ever

Another thing that is sure - Allyson Felix has made you and Shank eat your stupid words from 2011! I guess we will not hear any more foolish comments about how Felix has not improved since 2007. Talk about putting your foot in your mouth.

How so? Nothing I said during those lost years was incorrect.

By the way, where were YOU last year?
                            https://twitter.com/walnuthillstrak

Comment

Originally posted by guru

How so? Nothing I said during those lost years was incorrect.

By the way, where were YOU last year?
                              So now 2008 through 2011 were lost years for Felix. What a dunce!

Comment

So now 2008 through 2011 were lost years for Felix.

From an improvement standpoint, yes(not to mention one individual gold in three championship meets).
                                https://twitter.com/walnuthillstrak

Comment

Working...
                                X