Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ¶2012 OG: w200–Allyson Felix (US) 21.88

Originally posted by EPelle
    Felix's sixth sub-22,00, equals her 3rd-fastest career 200m (Stockholm, 2009). First season in Felix's storied career that she has twice broken 22,00 in the same season.
    I haven't gone through all the post to see if anyone has corrected your posting but where you get six sub-22 clocking last time I check it was five
    once 2007: her then PB 21.81 In Osaka
    once 2008: 21.93 behind VCB 21.74 in Beijing
    Once 2009: 21.88 in Stockholm
    Twice 2012: Her astonishing 21.69 @ the US Trials & her second best of 21.88 for the Olympic gold!

Comment

Originally posted by guru
      Originally posted by TrackFan4Ever

So now 2008 through 2011 were lost years for Felix.

From an improvement standpoint, yes(not to mention one individual gold in three championship meets).
      Like I said, you are a dunce! Enjoy the shoe leather that Allyson is making you eat.

Comment

Like I said, you are a dunce! Enjoy the shoe leather that Allyson is making you eat.

I suggest you read up on that idiom. I'm not sure stating facts meets the criteria...
        https://twitter.com/walnuthillstrak

Comment

I am pulling you two apart.

Comment

what are those 2 arguing about ?

Comment

I suggest you read up on that idiom. I'm not sure stating facts meets the criteria...
              Will do! Good to know that based upon your facts that VCB has lost years in the 200 since 2009 and that SRR also has lost years in the 400 since 2007. It is amazing what people can accomplish during lost years!

Comment

@tracknut I have to agree with you on this. It's the first time that I recalled VCB running all three rounds of the 100m and her start was not atrocious! He certainly deserves some credit! I know many fans would be disgruntled that VCB did not medal in the 200m but this is track and field you win some you loose some and who knows when VCB has be defeated she comes back stronger and ferocious than before!

Comment

Guru and I agree on this that Allyson Felix has had an amazing year (2012) in the 200! You agree with that don't you Guru?

Comment

Good to know that based upon your facts.... SRR also has lost years in the 400 since 2007.

I dont think Richards-Ross would argue with that. Fortunately, her health issue was finally correctly diagnosed last fall and she was able to have arguably the best overall season of her career this year.

Comment

Guru and I agree on this that Allyson Felix has had an amazing year (2012) in the 200! You agree with that don't you Guru?

I do, and not just the 200. From indoor forward Felix has had the best year of her career.

Comment

I do, and not just the 200. From indoor forward Felix has had the best year of her career.
                        See that wasn't too hard to say. I will keep looking for more positive comments from you about Felix. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by jamal00005
                          Originally posted by Adriana S
                          SAFP has proved she should be anchor.
                          Really and then who would start ?
                          VCB - Sherone - Kerron - SAFP

Looks good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by skiboo
                            First, congratulations to Felix for a convincing victory.

Other thoughts: What a disappointing winning time, 0.21 slower than she ran in Eugene, despite running the 100 (in London) 0.18 faster than she did at the US Olympic trials. Felix is certainly fast, but stacked up against the stars of the past, she is horridly inconsistent.
                            There was a strong headwind, I was told.

Comment

Originally posted by Adriana S
                              Originally posted by skiboo
                              First, congratulations to Felix for a convincing victory.

Other thoughts: What a disappointing winning time, 0.21 slower than she ran in Eugene, despite running the 100 (in London) 0.18 faster than she did at the US Olympic trials. Felix is certainly fast, but stacked up against the stars of the past, she is horridly inconsistent.
                              There was a strong headwind, I was told.
                              Wind was slight -0.2

In Eugene, she had a week break between the 100 and the 200m.

Plus, we know the Eugene track is a bit "special"

Comment

Originally posted by tracknut2012
                                Plus, we know the Eugene track is a bit "special"
                                This is nonsense. Where did this "special track" rumor get started, anyway?

Comment

Working...
                                X