Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ¶2012 OG: w200–Allyson Felix (US) 21.88

Oh Gleason come on; it's one thing being a fan and another being completely blinkered. Felix is not going to improve her open 400m PB at this age by 2.5 secs. If she did, well, I don't think it would do her any favours.

Let's just be real here for a minute. There appears to be evidence that Koch was on some sort of drugs programme. That is how she ran 47.60. There is no documentary evidence that Kratochvilova was on drugs, but one can make ones own assumptions based on what she did, at her age, with that body, training under a communist state. That is how she got to 47.99. There is no documentary evidence to suggest Flo Jo was on drugs (though some may count Darrell Robinson's accusations in Stern magazine as 'evidence') but one can make ones own assumtpions based on what she did, at her age, with that body, training in a 'win at all costs' culture. That is how she got to 10.49w/10.61/21.34.

Training has changed, people have improved...but so has drug tetsing. If Felix is going to go faster than 21.34 or run a 47.1 then she is going to have to do what they were doing. She is a big talent, but not that talented.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackFan4Ever
      What is pure foolishness is to think that Felix can only go low 49. Felix ran the 400 fast enough to win in 2010. She was stronger than all of the other 400 runners that year. Her lost in 2011 at WC was because she thought she could catch the winner in the last 100. She almost did and lost by 003.

The statisticians and historians are saying relays legs are normally .8/1 faster than the open. If you take her 2012 relay leg that puts her at 49/49.2. She ran a 48.2 relay leg after three 100s, three 200s, and one 4x100. So I think it is a safe bet that if Felix ran the 400 like she is suppose to (relying first upon her speed and then on her endurance, and not just her endurance; in other words, run it like she does the relay legs), she could break 49. I do not think that is fantasy at all!
      I didn't say it as fantasy for her to break 49, i think we all believe she can do that. Gleason is proposing she could break the WR and run 47.1 !!

that is fantasy
      i deserve extra credit

Comment

Never said you did. Flumpy suggested the numbers say she can run a low 49 and that is the problem with just looking at numbers.

Comment

EDIT

Comment

Never said you did. Flumpy suggested the numbers say she can run a low 49 and that is the problem with just looking at numbers.
            That's not what I said.

I suggested that her relay split suggests a low 49. I'm sure with specific coaching and concentrating on the event soley she could go faster than that.

She is not going to run 47.1.

Comment

some track & field fans must really be dreaming .The idea that Felix can run 47.anything in a flat 400m is just ludicrous .

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpy
                That's not what I said.

I suggested that her relay split suggests a low 49. I'm sure with specific coaching and concentrating on the event soley she could go faster than that.

She is not going to run 47.1.
                It is exactly what you said, but this time you added a qualifier.

Comment

Does anyone know if Allyson did short to long this season? I assume she did mainly because she was running 60 meters in January and opened the outdoor season with a couple 100's before doing her 200. If she did to short to long would this be her first season training like that?

Comment

Originally posted by fasttrack85
                    Does anyone know if Allyson did short to long this season? I assume she did mainly because she was running 60 meters in January and opened the outdoor season with a couple 100's before doing her 200. If she did to short to long would this be her first season training like that?
                    She ran two 400s on 4x400s in April - JJK/Johnson and Penn R.
                    none

Comment

Working...
                    X