Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶2012 OG: mHJ–Ivan Ukhov (Russia) 7-9¾ (2.38)… 9 years later…

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012 OG: mHJ–US advances 3 to final

Originally posted by Alan Shank
    ShUstov missed the final; pretty surprising; DmItrik's pissed! >:-)
    Kinard looking good.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Dmitik or Shustov? Very similar records. They are both a step down from Silnov and Ukhov.

Noticed Grabartz started jumping at 2.21 as opposed to 2.16 for most of the others. Well, at least it shows he's confident.

Kynard's stock probably went up.

Glad to see Mike Mason in the final. Went back to his old coach. Better conditioned, new run-up and better technically over the bar.

Comment

Originally posted by norunner
      No i didn't: Two jumped over 2.29 in group A, Kynard and Drouin, four in group B, Grabarz, Ukhov, Williams and Protsenko.
      Sorry, my bad. Misread the results page.

Comment

Kynard could be a sleeper in this event and the other guy flying under the radar is Drouin. Did anyone else see Donald Thomas at the early heights? I would bargain to say that his technique is worse now than it has ever been. I know this guy was the cinderella story a few years ago and many folks felt like to make any adjustments to his technique would be sinful, but c'mon! You can't let someone go to the olympics with technique resembling...heck I don't know what it resembles. Leaving his technique alone has done very little with regards to hardware for him since his WC.
        If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

I was there last night and it was not kind weather for any jumping event. Where I am in London right now it's cold, windy and drizzling. The weather will be a factor tonight, for some more than others (and as there were some cross winds, which side you jump from could be a factor). The home support for Brits had to be seen and heard to be believed and if Grabarz can feed off it, it will be a significant advantage. Grabarz for Gold!

Comment

My guess: Silnov, Grabarz and Williams

Comment

Williams out already at 2.29. Silnov as well. I had those two as medalists.

Comment

The conditions must be horrible....

Comment

Okay, so what's the protocol when somebody loses their shirt in the middle of the competition? :?

Comment

That looked easy for Kynard at 2.33

Comment

How could they came up with 2.25-2.29-2.33???!!! That ruined the final! We are not in 1993.

Comment

Ukhov 2.36 in first attempt.

Comment

Wow. A death march at 2.33, a good half-dozen jumpers were clear over but scraped it with their heels or calves. Tough on Grabarz to be the home favorite.

Kynard vs. Ukhov for the gold. And now Ukhov over!

Comment

Originally posted by pakillo
                            How could they came up with 2.25-2.29-2.33???!!! That ruined the final! We are not in 1993.
                            I don't understand it either. Why such a steep progression when that progression is never being used in a normal meet?

Ukhov clears 2.36 in his first attempt, that should wrap up the gold.

Comment

5 on the Medal Stand!!!

Comment

"If you want to be the man, you have to beat the man."

Comment

Working...
                                X