Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶2012 OG: mHJ–Ivan Ukhov (Russia) 7-9¾ (2.38)… 9 years later…

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    This (doping) is one of the biggest reasons track & field loses fans. Almost a decade to determine the Olympic champion.

    Comment


    • #92
      I’m glad Kynard got his medal, but I still believe that the results on the day of the competition should be the results. Test, test, and test again but once the competition is over, it’s over.

      Comment


      • #93
        Truly disgusting to make that young man wait nearly a decade for justice...Congratulations on winning the 2012 Olympic High Jump Gold Medal Mr. Kynard...we are very proud of you.

        What a horrendous process.

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Dave View Post
          I’m glad Kynard got his medal, but I still believe that the results on the day of the competition should be the results. Test, test, and test again but once the competition is over, it’s over.
          Why don't you just come out and say that you are happy to support dopers competing.

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by Dave View Post
            I’m glad Kynard got his medal, but I still believe that the results on the day of the competition should be the results. Test, test, and test again but once the competition is over, it’s over.
            This would mean that, in the vast majority of cases, that a positive from a test undertaken at a meet would only result in an athlete being DQ'd at later meets!

            Ukhov broke the rules when he took PEDs and has deservedly been stripped of his ill-gotten gains. It is dreadful that Kynard has had to wait over 9 years do get his just reward.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post
              This (doping) is one of the biggest reasons track & field loses fans. Almost a decade to determine the Olympic champion.
              I doubt the public really cares. Other than here I haven't seen a word elsewhere about it. The Olympics are a 2 week reality show....quickly forgotten.

              Now the focus is on football and in Europe qualifying for the WC next year.
              Last edited by Conor Dary; 11-13-2021, 04:25 PM.

              Comment


              • #97
                Here is ESPN..... clear as mud...

                LAUSANNE, Switzerland -- American high jumper Erik Kynard will finally get his gold medal from the 2012 London Olympics after the IOC on Friday approved reallocating some results from those Games because of doping cases.

                Kynard's leap of 2.33 meters placed second behind Ivan Ukhov, who was proven years later to have taken part in the Russian state-backed steroid doping program.

                Ukhov was banned for four years in 2019 at the Court of Arbitration for Sport. He went back to the same court last year for an appeal hearing but failed to overturn the ruling.

                The International Olympic Committee executive board on Friday signed off on reallocating the medals and final results for five events from the London Olympics, including men's and women's high jump.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

                  I doubt the public really cares. Other than here I haven't seen a word elsewhere about it. The Olympics are a 2 week reality show....quickly forgotten.

                  Now the focus is on football and in Europe qualifying for the WC next year.
                  You seem to be missing the point. I'm not talking about the general public.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

                    I doubt the public really cares. Other than here I haven't seen a word elsewhere about it. The Olympics are a 2 week reality show....quickly forgotten.

                    Now the focus is on football and in Europe qualifying for the WC next year.
                    The popularity of this righteous(delayed AF) and correct decision is irrelevant...fans not giving a crap is how we got here. The russian should have accepted his "medal" with a ski mask and a gun.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post

                      You seem to be missing the point. I'm not talking about the general public.

                      Actually most track fans just pass on....PEDs have little to do with shrinking numbers. As mentioned many times younger folks just don't follow the sport at all.
                      Last edited by Conor Dary; 11-13-2021, 09:41 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Track isn't the source of these Russian woes...it's the Olympics themselves....all the nationalism...

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post


                          Actually most track fans just pass on....PEDs have little to do with shrinking numbers. As mentioned many times younger folks just don't follow the sport at all.
                          PED's have a lot more than you think to do with shrinking numbers. During the past few decades, I have known many track & field fans who have "left the sport" because of the doping and I have heard the same from several other long-time track & field fans. It's a fact you can't ignore.

                          Comment


                          • So they were fans when there was a lot more doping going on. They just didn't know it....or didn't care ...

                            The 80s were the high point in the Professional era.....and it was basically anything goes....

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                              So they were fans when there was a lot more doping going on. They just didn't know it....or didn't care ...

                              The 80s were the high point in the Professional era.....and it was basically anything goes....
                              I sure hope you're wrong...your analysis sounds a lot that God awful "professional wrestling"

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

                                Why don't you just come out and say that you are happy to support dopers competing.
                                No. I do believe that if an event isn’t decided until nine years later, no one cares outside the members of this board, I’d be a lot happier if T&F adopted the same testing and discipline protocols as the major professional sports.
                                Last edited by Dave; 11-14-2021, 02:42 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X