Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶2012 OG: mHJ–Ivan Ukhov (Russia) 7-9¾ (2.38)… 9 years later…

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beebee View Post

I sure hope you're wrong...your analysis sounds a lot that God awful "professional wrestling"
    Primo made sure the trains ran on time....and that included as few stops as possible.

Pro wrestling is fake from the get go.... track isn't anything remotely like that.
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 11-14-2021, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave View Post

No. I do believe that if an event isn’t decided until nine years later, no one cares outside the members of this board, I’d be a lot happier if T&F adopted the same testing and discipline protocols as the major professional sports.
      Athletes care.
      And drug policies in major professional sports are laughable, especially team sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

Athletes care.
        And drug policies in major professional sports are laughable, especially team sports.
        Like nonexistent on any realistic level...

Not sure the athletes in those sports care. Unlike in track a lot of money to be made.

Comment

• In world soccer I'm sure no one would pull a state sponsored doping like Russia did in the Olympics.

Getting kicked out of the Olympics is an embarrassment...but nothing like the catastrophe of being banned from the Euro men's and the World Cup....something the Russians actually care about.
          Last edited by Conor Dary; 11-14-2021, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Athletes care.
            Fair enough, but if one feels the need to dope to maintain the performance level, will the fear of potentially getting caught nine years later matter? This is meant as an honest question. Will Ukhov face any consequences at home? Will he have to actually repay bonuses?

Which sports have flourished and cracked down on PEDs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave View Post

Fair enough, but if one feels the need to dope to maintain the performance level, will the fear of potentially getting caught nine years later matter? This is meant as an honest question. Will Ukhov face any consequences at home? Will he have to actually repay bonuses?

Which sports have flourished and cracked down on PEDs?
              First, Ukhov is recorded forever as being a cheat. That cannot be hidden. His children, his grandchildren will always know that their Dad, their grandpa was a cheat.

Reapaying bonuses. I understand that he is suppised to. But I cannot see out the IOC, WA or CAS can enforce that.

The fear of getting caught? They always believe that they will be one of the ones who will never be caught.

Comment

First, Ukhov is recorded forever as being a cheat. That cannot be hidden. His children, his grandchildren will always know that their Dad, their grandpa was a cheat.
                I find it hard to believe a Russian gives a toss about stuff like that. The whole system there is corrupt. He got away with it for 9 years and can just blame the West....if anyone even notices.

He was basically following orders. His grandchildren will probably think he is a Russian hero. And he still has the medal I presume.
                Last edited by Conor Dary; 11-14-2021, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• This is a very good book on the Russian mentality about the past.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/03001...6928867&sr=8-1

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                    In world soccer I'm sure no one would pull a state sponsored doping like Russia did in the Olympics.

Getting kicked out of the Olympics is an embarrassment...but nothing like the catastrophe of being banned from the Euro men's and the World Cup....something the Russians actually care about.
                    Portugal not banned but being defeated like this is catastrophic for Euro fans... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWl3WdFYOb8 ...Americans have no idea!

Comment

• A big surprise there....they should make it through the playoffs though.

Russia also has to go through playoffs.

Comment

• hey, i've got a unique idea; let's talk about Erik Kynard getting his gold, not European soccer

Comment

• I, for one, am very happy to see Erik get his Olympic gold medal (at age 30). I always enjoyed watching him jump and now is he definitely an Olympic champion.

Comment

• Maybe this will give him incentive to keep competing a few more years and he will get special recognition when he does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Retread View Post
                              Maybe this will give him incentive to keep competing a few more years and he will get special recognition when he does.
                              He's certainly not too old to be a factor in Eugene next year.

Comment

• I remember one interview he gave after '12 and (IIRC) he said that what was motivating him to continue was to get a Gold at the Olys.

It would be interesting to hear what he has to say about the current situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X