4. Great Britain

5. Jamaica
    5. South Africa
    6. Russia
    8. Cuba
    9. Trinidad

10. Kenya

Re: 2012 OG: m4x400–

Olympic Record: 2.55,39 United States, Beijing 2008 (LaShawn Merritt, Angelo Taylor, David Neville, Jeremy Wariner)

2008 Results: G-United States 2:55.39OR (LaShawn Merritt, Angelo Taylor, David Neville, Jeremy Wariner); S-Bahamas 2.58,03 (Andretti Bain, Michael Matthieu, Andrae Williams, Chris Brown); B-Russia 2.58,06 (Maksim Dyldin, Vladislav Frlov, Anton Kokorin, Denis Alekseyev)
    ================================================== ==============================

Comment

Curious what people think the order should be for the us team.
      Looking back at Beijing, I think a team of Merrit-Taylor-Nellums-McQuay would be pretty solid.
      I know Merrit saved the day in Daegu, but I dont think anyone can run a lead off close to sub 44 right now besides him. And McQuay can definitely give a 43 mid anchor.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK
        Curious what people think the order should be for the us team.
        Looking back at Beijing, I think a team of Merrit-Taylor-Nellums-McQuay would be pretty solid.
        I know Merrit saved the day in Daegu, but I dont think anyone can run a lead off close to sub 44 right now besides him. And McQuay can definitely give a 43 mid anchor.
        I generally agree with the idea to start with a fast runner; get a lead early, and avoid potential trouble in the exchange zone. I believe, though, that can be achieved with the second fastest runner, presumably McQuay, saving the more experienced Merritt for anchor.

Comment

forget the order; the whole part about "who" remains on the table until we see what Merritt does in the heats tomorrow morning.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
            forget the order; the whole part about "who" remains on the table until we see what Merritt does in the heats tomorrow morning.
            Ding, ding, ding.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
              Good call.
              I guess Wariner just booked his spot on that team.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                Yes, time to reconsider all this now, unfortunately...

Comment

Originally posted by j-a-m
                  Originally posted by gh
                  Yes, time to reconsider all this now, unfortunately...
                  I agree, our Boyz did not perform :wink:

Comment

It is now or never for the Bahamas!

Comment

Originally posted by pakillo
                      It is now or never for the Bahamas!
                      I still think Bahamas will really have to push themselves slightly above and beyond, but the gap obviously closed. I still would be surprised to see the US lose.

Comment

I know its early days yet, but do ya'll think that with Merritt now out a certain Usain Bolt might just log on to the Jamaican team, now that their chance of a medal, possible Gold, has now gone up by a good 40%.

Comment

Originally posted by zidan
                          I know its early days yet, but do ya'll think that with Merritt now out a certain Usain Bolt might just log on to the Jamaican team, now that their chance of a medal, possible Gold, has now gone up by a good 40%.
                          You must have missed their open 400m performances.

Comment

Yap. My bad, i did. doesn't look good at all. what this now means is that Bolt must retain his titles here, then make that long awaited move back to the 400s in order to restore Jamaica's now damaged reputation in the quartermile.

Comment

What is funny here is that the organisers may have shot themselves in the foot. Their stupid attempt to get Bolt in the last event means there us almost no chance of Bolt in the 4x400m, and with the 4x100m possible mishaps he may not be there.

Comment

Working...
                              X