Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ¶2012 OG: m5000–Mo Farah 13:41.66 wins 5/10 double

Originally posted by mump boy
    While i too think that the time is irrelevant to the winner, i just don't understand those who have no chance of winning not wanting to make some kind of effort. Do they all honestly think they can outsprint Mo or Bernie in a slow race ??
    Isn't that exactly what Gebremeskel and Longosiwa did? Outsprint Lagat in a slow race?

Comment

While i too think that the time is irrelevant to the winner, i just don't understand those who have no chance of winning not wanting to make some kind of effort. Do they all honestly think they can outsprint Mo or Bernie in a slow race ??

I would have much more respect for those who decide to go down in a blaze of glory than those who are happy to jog around at the back and end up where they expected in the firs place. What's the point of being there unless you play to your strengths ?? :?
      I cannot agree more. When there are 15 runners in the final, not all of them cannot possibly be the three best kickers.

Maybe Gebremeskel and Longosiwa (or another Kenyan) would have ended up with silver and bronze anyway, but they might have had better chances to beat Mo if they and their teammates had employed different tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by tgs3
        Isn't that exactly what Gebremeskel and Longosiwa did? Outsprint Lagat in a slow race?
        They were helped by Iguider, who could not help his own cause since he was passed by Lagat anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by tgs3
          i'm not talking about those 2 who would obviously have a chance at any pace, i'm mean those who are going to come 10-15th , why not give it a go and see if you can lose a few so you may get 8th
          i deserve extra credit

Comment

Working...
          X