Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gray Horn out at Florida?

My brother just e-mailed me that local news in Lima OH is reporting that Horn will leave Florida and finish his collegiate career elsewhere. Either it was not reported where or my brother didn't see that info. More when I get it.

Re: Gray Horn out at Florida?

I wouldn't be surprised.

I'm actually very confused because I thought he was permanently kicked off the team because of his DUI earlier in the year. But then he competed at trials for Florida..

Comment

The story was on local TV news, filmed at his high school track. I'll provide a link once it's on their website.

Rumor mill has it that Ashland is his next destination, which makes more sense than it seems. His brother Joe played football and was on the track team there, and Gray needs help
      In the throws which the Ashland staff can provide.

Comment

I'm surprised by the original question, because the Univ. of Fla. lists him as a senior for the 2012 outdoor season, so I'm not sure that he would have any more eligibility left anyway. He competed outdoors in '09-'10-'11 and in '12 until the suspension, announced in early May before the conference championships. I'm not an expert on NCAA rules; maybe he could get another season because '12 was cut short.

He was announced as "indefinitely suspended" from the team after the DUI, with no further official announcement, AFAIK.

Nice booking photo: http://www.gatorcountry.com/other_sp...uspended/14234

Comment

Originally posted by ATK
          I'm actually very confused because I thought he was permanently kicked off the team because of his DUI earlier in the year. But then he competed at trials for Florida..
          Unattached

Comment

Updated from Horn himself: will remain enrolled at Florida but not compete as part of the team.

From a source: never formally reinstated to the team and 99% sure he won't ever be. No knowledge of why that is.

Comment

So who will train him?

Comment

Working...
              X