X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sprintdoc
    replied
    Re: Ryan Bailey will medal next year if healthy

Let's remember Bailey easily beat all but Gay in DL London 100 and has never lost to Rogers when he finished race healthy. Right now between Games & Trials he would end season ranked 5th n World in the 100. He should win in Stockholm tomorrow and then has Lausaunne non DL 100.

As for next year staying healthy is key and even under Smith that hasn't been easy as he suffered one major injury and one minor one that limited him this year. How many of you speculating on Bailey remember he suffered a stress fracture his 2nd week in November with Smith and then that turned into full fracture in trying to return too soon in January so he didn't run a step for 5 months til April 9th. Then he had to skip Pre and NY Adidas GP due to a minor setback in practice which limited training I'm told. This on top of his missed 2011 season coming off a 2010 year in which he ran "world record" for 21 and under of 9.88 that is still his PR and you can see he only scratched the surface of his potential in 2012. I expect he will end season with a PR in 100 and may drop a fast 200 as well, he did go 20.10 in 2010.

Leave a comment:

• ZELLGADISS
    replied

I doubt so much about medal for Bailey next year in 100.
    Bolt and Blake are clearly better.
    If Gatlin is at more or less same level that this year is better too.
    And if Gay does not have more important injuries is better too.

4 runners better if they are healthy.
    Powell is faster too, but Powell by one thing or another one he runs 80% in big events :lol:

Leave a comment:

• j-a-m
    replied

Originally posted by MightyBurner
    None of those guys you mentioned are getting any younger. And his personal best is already equal to Dix's.
    Bailey has a realistic chance to medal next year, but it's not gonna be easy. If he keeps improving, though, his time will come; and if not 2013, then he'll play a major role in 2015/2016.

Leave a comment:

• MightyBurner
    replied

Originally posted by TrainerPhil
    Ryan Bailey has quite clearly been the fourth or fifth best 100m runner in the world in 2012. Most impressive about this is that he's in his first year with a new coach, and he was injured much of last year and re-injured himself in the Winter. If he's able to get a full offseason of training, he'll medal in Moscow.
    He'll medal in the relays, that's it. Not only will he have to run by Gatlin and Gay, but he'll also have to handle a healthy Dix and Asafa. He's still a couple of years away.
    None of those guys you mentioned are getting any younger. And his personal best is already equal to Dix's.

Leave a comment:

• Half Miler
    replied

Originally posted by lapsus
    There's always the slight chance that he will be called "Donovan" on the post-Moscow TFN cover.
    made me laugh.

Leave a comment:

• TrainerPhil
    replied

Ryan Bailey has quite clearly been the fourth or fifth best 100m runner in the world in 2012. Most impressive about this is that he's in his first year with a new coach, and he was injured much of last year and re-injured himself in the Winter. If he's able to get a full offseason of training, he'll medal in Moscow.
    He'll medal in the relays, that's it. Not only will he have to run by Gatlin and Gay, but he'll also have to handle a healthy Dix and Asafa. He's still a couple of years away.

Leave a comment:

• preston
    replied

Originally posted by preston
    How soon we forget.

I agree that Bailey is the next elite sprinter from the USA but that only adds to the fact that Gay, and now Gatlin and WALTER DIX are currently elite. Remember, Dix? Both his PB's are superior to Bailey and they train in the same camp. But, I do rank Bailey's 9.88's over Dix's 9.96 and not only because Dix's was from 2010; I rank it over Dix because Bailey did it at a major and that has to rank as more. If I had to rank them for 2013 it would be Gay, Gatlin, Bailey and Dix. However, anyone of those 3 could easily be watching the Moscow WC on TV...even after running a sub-9.90 at USATF.

One more thing. It's wrong to say that Bailey is clearly the 4th or 5th best runner in the world when until the Olympics, which is a restricted to 3 per country, he was barely within the top 10. Bolt, Blake, Powell, Gay, Gatlin for sure were better so he's not top-5 but Dix, Rodgers, Carter and Frater definitely have an argument with that choice. Rodgers, Carter or Frater could have run there is no guarantee that they couldn't have run better than 9.88.

For the record, I think Bailey can be top-5 next year, maybe even top-4 but until he completely fixes his acceleration he won't be top-3.
    He beat Carter, Frater, Rodgers etc. in London a couple weeks before the Olympics.
    that might be true, but it wouldn't be cause to necessarily rank athletes who are not at the event lower. You said "quite clearly" and he clearly isn't; definitely not 4th by any understanding. I said, the above named have an arugment and [if] (I never wrote "if", but it's invisibly there) there wasn't a 3 person limit they may have improved and possibly beaten Bailey. We agree that Bailey should be great next year, but I wouldn't be surprised, based on the relay legs run by Carter and Frater if the two Jamaicans couldn't have made the Olympic final if there was an ability to do so.

Leave a comment:

• MightyBurner
    replied

How soon we forget.

I agree that Bailey is the next elite sprinter from the USA but that only adds to the fact that Gay, and now Gatlin and WALTER DIX are currently elite. Remember, Dix? Both his PB's are superior to Bailey and they train in the same camp. But, I do rank Bailey's 9.88's over Dix's 9.96 and not only because Dix's was from 2010; I rank it over Dix because Bailey did it at a major and that has to rank as more. If I had to rank them for 2013 it would be Gay, Gatlin, Bailey and Dix. However, anyone of those 3 could easily be watching the Moscow WC on TV...even after running a sub-9.90 at USATF.

One more thing. It's wrong to say that Bailey is clearly the 4th or 5th best runner in the world when until the Olympics, which is a restricted to 3 per country, he was barely within the top 10. Bolt, Blake, Powell, Gay, Gatlin for sure were better so he's not top-5 but Dix, Rodgers, Carter and Frater definitely have an argument with that choice. Rodgers, Carter or Frater could have run there is no guarantee that they couldn't have run better than 9.88.

For the record, I think Bailey can be top-5 next year, maybe even top-4 but until he completely fixes his acceleration he won't be top-3.
    He beat Carter, Frater, Rodgers etc. in London a couple weeks before the Olympics.

Leave a comment:

• fourjz
    replied

How soon we forget.

I have not forgotten about Dix.He was coming along fine in his inaugaral season with John Smith along with Bailey until he got unfortunately hurt.I'm just saying look out for this young man in the near future(next year).If Dix is healthy he is in the mix.I highly doubt that Jamaica would have swept the 200m in London had Dix been running. 8-)

Leave a comment:

• preston
    replied

How soon we forget.

Leave a comment:

• lapsus
    replied

Let's hope he does. There's always the slight chance that he will be called "Donovan" on the post-Moscow TFN cover.

Leave a comment:

• fourjz
    replied

Agree. This next year with John Smith will be pivotal.He is the next elite Sprinter from the U.S. :wink:

Leave a comment:

• MightyBurner
    started a topic Ryan Bailey will medal next year if healthy

Ryan Bailey will medal next year if healthy

Working...
X