Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAFP VS JETER VS FELIX in Zurich 100m

Well another lovely 100m anticipated . just like the one in lussane but this time Felix will replace VCB

Re: SAFP VS JETER VS FELIX in Zurich 100m

Felix is not a 100 metres runner like the others. Increasing your speed is useful, but I expected her to run also some 400 metres in order to end her season, she is surely more a 200/400 girl than a 100/200 one. Why is she going to run a 100 where she is surely defeated by both SAFP and Jeter instead of trying the 400?

Comment

Originally posted by Sasuke
      Felix is not a 100 metres runner like the others. Increasing your speed is useful, but I expected her to run also some 400 metres in order to end her season, she is surely more a 200/400 girl than a 100/200 one. Why is she going to run a 100 where she is surely defeated by both SAFP and Jeter instead of trying the 400?
      Because that is what she wants to do. And because it is her life and not yours. And suggesting that someone who ran 10.89 and placed 5th in the Olympic 100m final "is not a 100 meters runner like the others" is just plain stupid.
      And are you saying then that it should be just a 3 person race given the other entrants can't be 100 meter runners either as they are worse that Felix.

Comment

I hope VCB is running in this race , also these are the ideal races to try to run 10.7 because no one has nothing to loose now and I'm thinking that SAFP is looking to go 10.6 and so is Jeter

Comment

People usually run the distances in which they are most successful. She has the ability to go 48.x in the 400 and showed it during many 4x400s. I don't know why she insists on running an event in which she won't ever be able to win any championships. Running 10"89 is great, but she placed fifth. How many people could actually beat her at 400? Sanya Richards and probably nobody else. How many people could beat her at 100? Jeter, SAFP, VCB for sure plus athletes like Kelly-Ann Baptiste or Blessing Okagbare that are always tough challengers.

Comment

she has run heats semis and finals of a 100/200 double twice this year......she is probably knackered, so a 400m at this stage would be a bit much to expect!

also - she has achieved her career goal of winning olympic 200m gold this year - so she probably just wants to have fun and enjoy the rest of 2012. she clearly enjoys the 100m - while she clearly doesn't enjoy the 400m that much, despite feeling obliged/curious about exploring her potential in that event.

She also might be eyeing a sub 21.80 clocking in the brussells 200m and doesnt want to be too burnt out!

Comment

People usually run the distances in which they are most successful. She has the ability to go 48.x in the 400 and showed it during many 4x400s. I don't know why she insists on running an event in which she won't ever be able to win any championships. Running 10"89 is great, but she placed fifth. How many people could actually beat her at 400? Sanya Richards and probably nobody else. How many people could beat her at 100? Jeter, SAFP, VCB for sure plus athletes like Kelly-Ann Baptiste or Blessing Okagbare that are always tough challengers.
              She has not shown the ability to go 48.x in the 400. she has shown the ability to split 48.x in a 4x4.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK
                He has not shown the ability to go 48.x in the 400. she has shown the ability to split 48.x in a 4x4.
                Ok, but she was definetely the fastest during the relay, surely faster than Richards-Ross.
                She could surely smash her personal record, it's the only one still not achieved this year (she broke 60,100 and 200).

Comment

Originally posted by ATK
                  He has not shown the ability to go 48.x in the 400. she has shown the ability to split 48.x in a 4x4.
                  Ok, but she was definetely the fastest during the relay, surely faster than Richards-Ross.
                  She could surely smash her personal record, it's the only one still not achieved this year (she broke 60,100 and 200).
                  It is silly to wonder why Felix runs the 100. It is old stale thinking "she wont ever be able to win". The actual truth and reality is that if Felix gets "fifth", the world immediately understands that in that race, at that place and time, fifth was best.

Comment

Allyson Felix has made no indication that she's going to race again this year.

Comment

I am sure Jeter will be back to her regular winning ways on the circuit.

Fraser won the only race that counted this year(Womens 100m at the Olympics)

Comment

Originally posted by tracknut2012

You damn right she won the only race that counted this season but I'm sure she will want to lower that 10.70 and why not do it @ zurich or in lusanne

Comment

Originally posted by tracknut2012

She won a key race on the circuit and that formed a basis for my recalculation of the favorite for the 100 and put her in for possibilities in the 200.

By the way, given that SAFP was the favorite, even if narrowly, that means that Jeter has never failed to match or exceed her expected finish in a world championship race. I believe that is the only current sprinter other than Blake (who still has a thin resume by comparison) who has that designation (and has been expected to place).

Comment

Allyson Felix is done for the year. We'll see her next year starting at the Penn Relays most likely.

She's been doing the media rounds in the states, otherwise she would have been in Stockholm running the 200 meters.

Comment

Probably to figure out what's next. The only thing left for her to get is the AR/WR in the 200. She can try for the World Championships Record which is 21.74.... Other than that though I think Felix has done essentially all she can do in the 200m.

Comment

Working...
                              X