X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SAFP VS JETER VS FELIX in Zurich 100m

Originally posted by 26mi235
    Originally posted by tracknut2012
    I am sure Jeter will be back to her regular winning ways on the circuit.

Fraser won the only race that counted this year(Womens 100m at the Olympics)
    She won a key race on the circuit and that formed a basis for my recalculation of the favorite for the 100 and put her in for possibilities in the 200.

By the way, given that SAFP was the favorite, even if narrowly, that means that Jeter has never failed to match or exceed her expected finish in a world championship race. I believe that is the only current sprinter other than Blake (who still has a thin resume by comparison) who has that designation (and has been expected to place).
    I think she exceeded expectations in Osaka.

Comment

Originally posted by GDAWG
      Allyson Felix is done for the year. We'll see her next year starting at the Penn Relays most likely.

She's been doing the media rounds in the states, otherwise she would have been in Stockholm running the 200 meters.
      She already said herself that she will be running in Zurich.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK
        Allyson Felix is done for the year. We'll see her next year starting at the Penn Relays most likely.

She's been doing the media rounds in the states, otherwise she would have been in Stockholm running the 200 meters.
        I did not hear that.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK

I did not hear that.
          http://www.flotrack.org/coverage/248216 ... yson-Felix

Comment

Felix is not running, but this race still looks interesting....

http://www.diamondleague-lausanne.com/e ... 00m-Women/

SAFP vs Jeter, but VCB, Ahoure, Baptiste, Sherone and Kerron will be there....
            My heart is still in the Caribbean....

Comment

Originally posted by shivfan
              Felix is not running, but this race still looks interesting....

http://www.diamondleague-lausanne.com/e ... 00m-Women/

SAFP vs Jeter, but VCB, Ahoure, Baptiste, Sherone and Kerron will be there....
              VCB makes it a more interesting 100m race than having Felix.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasuke
                People usually run the distances in which they are most successful. She has the ability to go 48.x in the 400 and showed it during many 4x400s. I don't know why she insists on running an event in which she won't ever be able to win any championships. Running 10"89 is great, but she placed fifth. How many people could actually beat her at 400? Sanya Richards and probably nobody else. How many people could beat her at 100? Jeter, SAFP, VCB for sure plus athletes like Kelly-Ann Baptiste or Blessing Okagbare that are always tough challengers.
                Given how poor her starts are in the 100, her top end speed is about as good as there is. Perhaps one reason the U.S. dominated the 4x100 because perhaps the 2 best top enders in the world were on the same team. She uses the 100 to hone her speed for the 200, which she has come out and said before. Perhaps she has some plans for a faster 200 before the season is over. I believe she can run a 48.x 400. I believe she could set the American record there. But unless that is motivating enough for her to back off the 200 and focus 100% on that then we will never see it. If the 100 and 200 are what keep her motivated to work every day, so be it. She is fund to watch.

Comment

I can only imagine how much faster Fraser will get over the next year when she graduates from college in December and focus all of her energies on track alone. Wow.

Comment

I can only imagine how much faster Fraser will get over the next year when she graduates from college in December and focus all of her energies on track alone. Wow.
                    Oh she wasn't putting all her energy into track?

Sub 10 at minimum next year.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK
                      Oh she wasn't putting all her energy into track?

Sub 10 at minimum next year.

Not really, she has had a very tough balancing act the past 4 years managing the rigors of college work, training and running.

She graduates in November and thus all of her energies will be focussed on the track. Expect fireworks next year.

Comment

Working...
                      X