Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warsaw meet results???

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Warsaw meet results???

    Anyone have a link to the results from Warsaw today?

  • #2
    Re: Warsaw meet results???

    Here:
    http://trackinsun.blogspot.de/2012/08/w ... amila.html

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Warsaw meet results???

      And here:
      http://www.forsport.info

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Warsaw meet results???

        A report of highlights:
        http://sport.fakt.pl/Zwyciestwa-Wlodarc ... 844,1.html

        Pistorious 11,17; Steve Lewis 5.63m; Hoffa over Majewski, 21.72m to 20.84m; Wlodarczyk failed in her bid to break the hammer WR, but defeated Lysenko.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Warsaw meet results???

          Good run for Kemar Bailey Cole


          100m race B (-1,6) Kemar Bailey-Cole (jam) 10.24; 2 Keston Bledman (tri) 10.28; 3 Kim Collins (skn) 10.29; 4 Gerald Phiri (zam) 10.29; 5 Dariusz Kuc 10.53; 6 Rytis Sakalauskas (ltu) 10.64

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Warsaw meet results???


            Reese Hoffa 25.20 with 5 kg. here, is the world best of all time?
            Tomasz Majewski 24.88 (2011)
            Michael Carter 24.77 (1979)
            Justin Rodhe 24.68 (2012)
            Jacko Gill 24.45 (2011)

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Warsaw meet results???

              Reese Hoffa 25.20 with 5 kg. here, is the world best of all time?
              Tomasz Majewski 24.88 (2011)
              Michael Carter 24.77 (1979)
              Justin Rodhe 24.68 (2012)
              Jacko (16 freakin' years old) Gill 24.45 (2011)

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Warsaw meet results???

                Two more results worth noting:

                Jeneba Tarmoh WON the 100 in 11.30 against a wind of 1.2.
                Duane Solomon placed 3rd in the 400 in 46.07.
                (Remember, Nick Symmonds ran only 47.45 in that Dublin meet on July 25th!!)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Warsaw meet results???

                  5 kilo is the junior weight?

                  Was it just used here for fun? I've never heard of that, but I like it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Warsaw meet results???

                    Originally posted by bman
                    5 kilo is the junior weight?
                    Was it just used here for fun? I've never heard of that, but I like it.
                    5 kg is the Youth/ under-18 weight.
                    Juniors/ under-20 throw 6 kg.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Warsaw meet results???

                      Originally posted by EPelle
                      Wlodarczyk failed in her bid to break the hammer WR, but defeated Lysenko.
                      I never saw her state she was going for the WR, and even if she had, it would still be wrong to describe her result as a failure.
                      It was a great meet, BTW. Lots of people in the stadium (many more than the limited seating could accomodate), very friendly atmosphere. I saw Reese Hoffa before the competition sitting on a bench outside the stadium and posing for pictures with everyone who asked. The other stars looked happy to interact with the fans as well. Kamila's parents are doing a great job with the organization of this meet; and the quality of competition has definitely improved as well compared to previous years.
                      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Warsaw meet results???

                        It's unfortunate you feel that Wlodarcyzk's victory was slighted. I haven't characterised her result as being a failure. The person(s) responsible for the article wrote the following: Polka, która zapowiada?a prób? pobicia rekordu ?wiata, wygra?a wynikiem 76,30 m. Rosjanka mia?a 73,91 m i by?a druga. Google translate provided a rough translation of: Polka, who promised to attempt to break the world record, won the Russian result was 76.30 m 73.91 I was second. At first read: a crap Google translation. A word for word literal translation of prób? pobicia rekordu is attempt to beat the record, which, is presumably meet record.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Warsaw meet results???

                          Originally posted by EPelle
                          It's unfortunate you feel that Wlodarcyzk's victory was slighted. I haven't characterised her result as being a failure. The person(s) responsible for the article wrote the following: Polka, która zapowiada?a prób? pobicia rekordu ?wiata, wygra?a wynikiem 76,30 m. Rosjanka mia?a 73,91 m i by?a druga. Google translate provided a rough translation of: Polka, who promised to attempt to break the world record, won the Russian result was 76.30 m 73.91 I was second. At first read: a crap Google translation. A word for word literal translation of prób? pobicia rekordu is attempt to beat the record, which, is presumably meet record.
                          ?wiata=World
                          "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                          by Thomas Henry Huxley

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Warsaw meet results???

                            Originally posted by EPelle
                            It's unfortunate you feel that Wlodarcyzk's victory was slighted. I haven't characterised her result as being a failure.
                            Reread your post - the first thing you wrote about her performance is that she failed. The fact that she beat the world and Olympic champion was almost an afterthought.

                            And it really isn't about W?odarczyk at all; it would have been wrong no matter who the athlete in question was. Many people have complained on these forums about that sort of reporting in the media, where the focus is on the 'failure' to break some sort of record, no matter how great the performance was.
                            Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Warsaw meet results???

                              I think the word "fail" has come to take on heavy connotations of utter disaster which aren't always intended.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X