Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Warsaw meet results???

On a much lighter note, I believe USA teenagers would also add the work "epic" to "fail", to represent a truly disasterous result.

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
      Reread your post - the first thing you wrote about her performance is that she failed. The fact that she beat the world and Olympic champion was almost an afterthought.

And it really isn't about W?odarczyk at all; it would have been wrong no matter who the athlete in question was. Many people have complained on these forums about that sort of reporting in the media, where the focus is on the 'failure' to break some sort of record, no matter how great the performance was.
      Powell, I encourage you to re-read it. I stated "A report of highlights". Essentially, I was highlighting the Polish report verbatim. If you feel/believe that the defeat of Lysenko was put on the back-burner to the WR attempt, take issue with the Polish author. Whoever s/he was, as a matter of fact, stated on an earlier entry that Wlodarczyk was making an attempt at the WR. They set up the Polish-reading audience to believe she was after the WR. When she 'failed' to materialise on the attempt, that is what they communicated to the audience at large. In Polish. I don't believe the result reflects negatively on Wlodarcyzk. She did beat the Olympic champion on home soil. There shouldn't be anything else for you to carry on about.

Comment

If the goal was to break the WR, she failed to accomplish it. Simple as that. That doesn't make her a failure.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk
          Duane Solomon placed 3rd in the 400 in 46.07.
          (Remember, Nick Symmonds ran only 47.45 in that Dublin meet on July 25th!!)
          But remember this, too: Solomon ran a PB 45.98 at Oxy (5 May).

Comment

Working...
          X