Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lalonde Gordon

One of the downsides of the Olympics is that amidst all the volume of events,interesting results get missed which would in normal times get more chatter. One of this year's cases of this that interested me was Lalonde Gordon. I was shocked with his bronze. I first heard of him last year when he ran 45.51 in Rabat. At the time that time was actually worth noting, thankfully the state of 400 running has risen back up to a high level this year. It was also interesting that he had no iaaf listed times before last year, when he was 22 years old. Through some snooping around I see that he ran at Mohawk Valley College (?) in 2009 where he has season bests of 10.92 +2.0 and 21.66 +5.1 (no 400). Last year, he was apparently training with Zenith Velocity Track Club in New York and I believe even ran at the USATF club championships. So, given all that, not exactly what I would call the typical career of an Olympic sprint medalist. I would be really interested to know if anyone knows anything about him.

Re: Lalonde Gordon

Even in Trinidad, he's not being spoken about much, in the euphoria that's surrounding Keshorn Walcott....

Some reports say he's Jehue Gordon's brother, others say they're not related.
    My heart is still in the Caribbean....

Comment

This is a good article about him: http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Few ... 68926.html

Comment

Lalonde getting to this point has not been an easy road but he is an extremely hard worker. Trevor Green the coach for Zenith Velocity and Jermaine Daley his manager saw potential in him and worked very hard and tirelessly with Lalonde to help him get to the Olympics. His rise may not have been "typical" but extraordinary people very rarely ever have a typical or ordinary story. Maybe I read this wrong but I am sensing an implication of some shadiness on Lalonde's behalf. So my question to you is, what is it that you are looking for? Please clarify. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by LeeLeeCakes
          Lalonde getting to this point has not been an easy road but he is an extremely hard worker. Trevor Green the coach for Zenith Velocity and Jermaine Daley his manager saw potential in him and worked very hard and tirelessly with Lalonde to help him get to the Olympics. His rise may not have been "typical" but extraordinary people very rarely ever have a typical or ordinary story. Maybe I read this wrong but I am sensing an implication of some shadiness on Lalonde's behalf. So my question to you is, what is it that you are looking for? Please clarify. Thank you.
          Since you seem to know what you are talking about, I'd be interested to know if you know when Lalonde joined Zenith Velocity, when (if ever) he became a full time athlete, and if competed at all in 2010. Also, what kind of team is Zenith Velocity, who trains there, what level athletes, etc. Thanks. There would be no reason to suspect drug use because we have no times before 2011!

Comment

Working...
          X