X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tafnut
    replied
    Re: USATF web site

All right, I'm stupid! What's your beef?

Leave a comment:

• MJD
    replied

>Here is what is currently annoying me. What is wrong with this picture? I'm
    >blaming it on the
    >drugs.

http://www.torontosun.com/Entertainment ... 1046-sun.h
    >ml

Currently debating the writer by email. Here is the crux of her argument and I am quoting:

"Martin, There's a reason you're a C.A. and I'm a rock writer!"

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied

>>Does the hyphen turn two words in to one?<<

The TOE says - absolutely. Now the question is: is 75 the limit of my abilities, or should I push the envelope, risking everything, daring to be great, and go for 80 next time?

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied

>I count 75 bucko!

Does the hyphen turn two words in to one?

Leave a comment:

• MJD
    replied

Here is what is currently annoying me. What is wrong with this picture? I'm blaming it on the drugs.

http://www.torontosun.com/Entertainment ... 6-sun.html

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied

I count 75 bucko!

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied

One word over the limit, taf. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied

I have this vision of MJD's brain multi-tasking about 500 things simultaneously (as he reaches song number 42,269 on his iPod), and as tasks reach their conclusions, they slowly bubble to his conscious mind, at which point he finds the pertinent thread, posts, and then moves on. My brain merely does a data dump every few days and I wake up with the proverbial tabula rasa, happy as a lark, no cares in the world.

Leave a comment:

• MJD
    replied

It took a while to figure it out.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied

That has to be a record for longest wait for answer to a trivia question!

Leave a comment:

• MJD
    replied

>Who cares what it looks like, so long as it remains practical? As Donald
    >Sutherland said to Robert Ryan in (trivia question), "Very pretty, but can
    >they fight?"

Dirty Dozen.

Leave a comment:

• EPelle
    replied

What did you think about IAAF:s changes when its last redesign went online? And the recent changes to Runner:s World? Trackshark:s flash? USATF may have a shot at reaching the same level as the aforementioned, but it will take time...possibly a long time.

How did USATF choose its Athlete Bios - Cross Country? Sage is up there, but no Ritz. Berryhill, but no Webb...it:s a start, but perhaps the list should have been in place prior to going live.

Several college athletics sites are better. However, I can not state that one national athletics site is better than another, as EAA, Friidrott (my own country:s site) and UK Athletics are not superior in layout, design or ease of use than is USATF, for example. I give thumbs up to Leichtathletik in comparison.

USATF: I saw it. I felt it. I experienced some disappointment.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Flash MX 2004
    >Professional is VERY powerful and it's a great program to learn. You can
    >implement datase programming through a content management server and
    >ActionScript 2.0. Ok, I won't bore you all to death with this.>>

You're about 12 screens too late.

Leave a comment:

• Trackshark
    replied

The main benefit in CSS, is that it manages to separate the style from the content on your web page. What CSS does, is that it handles the style of your web page, and lets HTML do the content. This is good because the stylish capabilities in HTML are quite limited. Secondly, with the use of an external style sheet, you are able to alter you entire site style, by only editing one single file.

It depends on if you specify a font size in your style sheet. For example, try to make the text size larger by using your Internet Explorer toolbar by going to View > Text Size > Largest. As you'll see, you can't make the text larger because it's implemented into the style sheet not to do so here, just like at USATF.org.

The reason most companies don't want users to alter the text is because, as I've stated before, they want to make sure the layout is exactly as they want it to appear across as many browsers for all users as possible. Simply put, it's to be consistent with their design.

The future is Flash and there is no better example than the best design company in the world than 2Advanced. You can find their website below:

http://www.2advanced.com/flashindex.htm

Flash MX 2004 Professional is VERY powerful and it's a great program to learn. You can implement datase programming through a content management server and ActionScript 2.0. Ok, I won't bore you all to death with this.

On that note (and going back to the original topic) USATF did a good job, in my opinion, in obtaining this value. In fact, for all of us over the years complaining about their website, perhaps we should send them an email for a job well done even though they still have some small issues to work out which I'm sure they will take care of.

Leave a comment:

• polevaultpower
    replied

>Definitely an improvement but nothing great. Tom Borish could've done a much
    >better job.

And would have for free.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X