X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mike renfro
    replied
    Re: Home D./ homeboy 400 picks

One problem with your picks, Satch, is that this is an even (ie, Alvin) year. Alvin will make the team, along with Tyree and a n other.

Leave a comment:

• steve
    replied

>a HOOPLE in Satchese is a dope, unhip, clueless, naive . A GOOD example is hj
    >STEVE & other white high jumpers.

C'mon! Don't be such a Satchhole!

Leave a comment:

• MJD
    replied

>Thanks MJD...didn't know until now that I lived with one! Definition 2 begs the
    >question, "Where does Mott come from"?

LOL-from the same slang dictionary-aren't these British terms?:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mott&f=1

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied

And then there's . . .

Hoople, ND
    Population (1990): 310 (145 housing units)
    Area: 0.9 sq km (land), 0.0 sq km (water)
    Zip code(s): 58243

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied

again, your 'humor' falls flat.

Leave a comment:

• satch400
    replied

a HOOPLE in Satchese is a dope, unhip, clueless, naive . A GOOD example is hj STEVE & other white high jumpers.

Leave a comment:

• marknhj
    replied

Thanks MJD...didn't know until now that I lived with one! Definition 2 begs the question, "Where does Mott come from"?

Leave a comment:

• MJD
    replied

>Satch, what's a hoople? Only know Mott the...

Where do you think they got the name?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hoople

Leave a comment:

• marknhj
    replied

Satch, what's a hoople? Only know Mott the...

Leave a comment:

• satch400
    replied

HEY man, I JUST pick races , using my patented Satch method; WHEN I;m ready for my OG picks Ill go to AUSTRALIA, place my bets and retire for another 4 years.. WORKING is for the lower classes and hooples.

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied

It's no secret that collegians have been posting faster times than the veterans at 400 meters thus far this year. It remains to be seen, however, how this translates into success in Sacto. It may well be that Washington, Young, Brew, the Harrisons, et al, have been doing just what they need to do to be ready in July, while the collegians have been running their wheels off with the indoor season, big relay meets, conference meets, regionals and NCAA nationals. I certainly wish our young crop of 400 meter guys well. Some of them are clearly good enough to make it to Athens. But I think it's a bit premature to write off all the old pros.

We'll all find out soon enough. It's one of those things that makes the sport so interesting.

Leave a comment:

• highjumpsteve
    replied

flyboat7, that reminds me of 1992, when Watts did so well in the NCAA. Right then and there I predicted that he would come on like Gangbusters and win the OG and boy was I ever right on that.

I just think it would be so neat if it happened again. No knock on the "vets" like the Harrisons, Young, and Washington, but we need some new blood in the 400 real badly.

Leave a comment:

• flyboat7
    replied

satch,we all in our hearts would love to see those guys go to olympics,even milt for his 1st open,//but truley,i hate to say this but we have 5 ncaa kids getting ready to run under44.there all capable.there like a bunch of quincy watts waiting for trials.

but i like the older guys too.its going to be a barn burner for sure!!

Leave a comment:

• marknhj
    replied

>Calvin is a nice runner but not good enough to make the top 3 or even 4 at the
    >FOT. A horned grebe would have a better chance.>>>

Steve, I believe that technically speaking ornithological references should be reserved for the ladies...

Leave a comment:

• highjumpsteve
    replied

Calvin is a nice runner but not good enough to make the top 3 or even 4 at the FOT. A horned grebe would have a better chance.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X