X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• az2004
    replied
    Re: Alan Webb - The Good Thread!

thanks for the redirect to the hengelo thread!!

Leave a comment:

• EPelle04
    replied

>Does anyone kown what the field for Hengelo ... ??

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/tfn/di ... hread=4950

Ostrava should provide good pacing/rabbiting, as last year:s field was towed through 55,14/1.52,23 splits by SMU star (and national CZE star) Roman Oravec.

Leave a comment:

• az2004
    replied

Does anyone kown what the field for Hengelo and Ostrava are for the 1500's...??

We should be in a position to have a better feel for Webb once June 8th concludes.....

a couple 3:34-3:35 races mixed with a 1:46 800 would be good performances in my eyes...

Leave a comment:

• EPelle04
    replied

Regarding that link:

USA headline:
    Webb runs back in the spotlight.

Lead-in:
    Steroids ... BALCO ... threatened lawsuits ...

Leave a comment:

• Cyril
    replied

He does have one 800 scheduled - this is good, though I would have like to see more. Hopefully he will get in more 8s after the trials.

Monday will be very interesting - it is his chance to start proving 1.) consistency, 2.) tactical saavy 3.) finish of fast pace - I wouldn't expect to fast a finish in this one due to the stellar field. But it should give Webb an opportunity to run even faster than last week.

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied

here ya go, a little meat for the lions

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics ... ight_x.htm

Leave a comment:

• EPelle04
    replied

> No, that would be an internet translation engine's response. A textbook would get it right.

Intersting. My german friend (with no sports ties or interests) translated that for me in her own words.

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied

>If you were in Germany and spoke textbook english, you would state:

> Big US-middle trail hope Alan Webb seems to approach slowly to the world point. After his 3.35,71 minutes more than 1,500 meters he has reached in Carson now the Olympic norm.

No, that would be an internet translation engine's response. A textbook would get it right.

Leave a comment:

• Brian
    replied

I said a few months back, the guys who make the 1500m. team were keeping quiet and training well. My prediction was:
    Webb
    Hall
    Stember

We'll see which, if any, make me eat it.
    I have the feeling a certain bongo-playing dude with a goatee training again his ass off may throw a wrench in the works.

Stember might be discovering the difference between Lananna (stamina) and Galigano (speed)...both good coaches, but is the fit the right one?

What a great suspensefull event this is shaping up to be! SEE YOU IN SACTO!!

Leave a comment:

• MJD
    replied

What started all this hype:

http://dragonblades.no-ip.com/videos.html

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied

" Big
    >US-middle trail hope Alan Webb seems to approach slowly to the world point.
    >After his 3.35,71 minutes more than 1,500 meters he has reached in Carson now
    >the Olympic norm. "

Ahh! Pennsylvania Dutch--i'd recognize it anywhere! :-)

Leave a comment:

• EPelle04
    replied

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein.

Leave a comment:

• EPelle04
    replied

If you were in Germany and spoke textbook english, you would state:

" Big US-middle trail hope Alan Webb seems to approach slowly to the world point. After his 3.35,71 minutes more than 1,500 meters he has reached in Carson now the Olympic norm. "

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied

"Die große US-Mittelstreckenhoffnung Alan Webb scheint sich langsam der Weltspitze anzunähern. Nach seinen 3:35,71 Minuten über 1.500 Meter hat er in Carson nun die Olympianorm erreicht."

I took German in college - here goes:

The great US middle distance hope, AW, seems to be slowly nearing world-class (World's top). After his 3:35 in the 1500 in Carson, he has reached the Olympic [A] standard.

Leave a comment:

• EPelle04
    replied

Ok, so I:m thinking of working on the house, and choose to go to Bauhaus -- the German-owned Home Depot equivalent here in Sweden. I find what I am looking for on the website (special on front doors), and peek at what:s new. Lo and behold, I find this:

http://www.bauhaus-ag.de/?cat=595&id=5561

Die große US-Mittelstreckenhoffnung Alan Webb scheint sich langsam der Weltspitze anzunähern. Nach seinen 3:35,71 Minuten über 1.500 Meter hat er in Carson nun die Olympianorm erreicht.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X