Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so what's the men's POY now?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • so what's the men's POY now?

    (Performance Of The Year)

    Because of the setting, and because he had to beat a rabbited record, I still give a narrow edge to Rudisha over Merritt.

    If somebody had told you at the beginning of the eyar that a 9039-point decathlon would be no better than third on the list.....

  • #2
    Re: so what's the men's POY now?

    Originally posted by gh
    (Performance Of The Year)
    Because of the setting, and because he had to beat a rabbited record, I still give a narrow edge to Rudisha over Merritt.
    If somebody had told you at the beginning of the eyar that a 9039-point decathlon would be no better than third on the list.....
    Ah, you read my post on the other thread . . . :wink:

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: so what's the men's POY now?

      I have a simple solution: A triple tie!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: so what's the men's POY now?

        Originally posted by jeremyp
        I have a simple solution: A triple tie!
        That would certainly be a fair and equitable solution. However, one has to put their gonads on the line and choose a winner. And so for me it is:
        #1 Merritt
        #2 Rudisha
        #3 Eaton

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: so what's the men's POY now?

          Rudisha is still POY easily.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: so what's the men's POY now?

            For me the POY has to go to rudisha at the Olympics after running rounds and then running that time in the final .

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: so what's the men's POY now?

              Rudisha, because of the setting (value of the race), and because of what others did in the race along with him. He enabled six athletes to make their performances of the year as the front-runner. At the Olympic Games. In a race of grave importance. The 12,80, whilst brilliant and the fastest ever run, doesn't hold the same worth as performance of the year as an invitational race in my opinion.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: so what's the men's POY now?

                Originally posted by EPelle
                Rudisha, because of the setting (value of the race), and because of what others did in the race along with him. He enabled six athletes to make their performances of the year as the front-runner. At the Olympic Games. In a race of grave importance. The 12,80, whilst brilliant and the fastest ever run, doesn't hold the same worth as performance of the year as an invitational race in my opinion.
                I completely agree with this

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: so what's the men's POY now?

                  I'm thinking that only people who weren't there in person for either race should be allowed to vote. Or maybe it's OK if you were at both.

                  I saw Rudisha in person, but not Merritt, and I know, deep down inside, that that has to be coloring my thinking somewhat.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: so what's the men's POY now?

                    Originally posted by gh
                    I'm thinking that only people who weren't there in person for either race should be allowed to vote.
                    I am in that group and I go for DR!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: so what's the men's POY now?

                      Merritt's WR was a much bigger improvement percentage-wise. He ran a damn near perfect race.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: so what's the men's POY now?

                        Originally posted by gm
                        Merritt's WR was a much bigger improvement percentage-wise.
                        People can vote for whatever, but god's sake don't turn it into a math contest.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: so what's the men's POY now?

                          Originally posted by gm
                          Merritt's WR was a much bigger improvement percentage-wise. He ran a damn near perfect race.
                          Given what a technical event the high hurdles are, I agree that Merritt's performance is even greater than Rudisha's.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: so what's the men's POY now?

                            Originally posted by Tuariki
                            Originally posted by jeremyp
                            I have a simple solution: A triple tie!
                            That would certainly be a fair and equitable solution. However, one has to put their gonads on the line and choose a winner. And so for me it is:
                            #1 Merritt
                            #2 Rudisha
                            #3 Eaton
                            O.K., O.K.
                            #1 Merritt
                            #1 Eaton
                            #1 Rudisha.
                            There!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: so what's the men's POY now?

                              Setting a WR in the Olympics has to be a huge plus. So does destroying the Olympic field.
                              So Rudisha for me for #1.
                              We all sense/know Eaton has much more in his tank, while I seriously doubt Merritt can go more than 1/2/1ooths faster. Rudisha may or may not get sub 1.40.00, 800 runners fade all too quickly after 4/5 years. So let's wait for Eaton to go over 9150!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X