Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blazing shoes!

I laughed my butt off. It might not have been so funny had he just run 10.3, but even a wind-aided 9.86 is worth celebrating.

Comment

>Just another distasteful display by the sprinters again. You would never see a
      >middle distance or distance runner pulling that kind of crap.

Excuse me? A little history lesson(and this from the normally polite and reserved canucks):

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/010824/5/9eki.html

Funny, in this case the tall foreheads were all over Blouin pretty well unanimously.

If anyone is at all interested, there is a pic here:

http://www.canoe.ca/CNEWSWeirdNews0108/23_moon-cp.html

Comment

Flat out stupid and not funny.Tired of all this crap form all pro- sports black athletes. Don't mean to sound racist, but the truth is the truth.

Comment

"Lighten up, Francis"....

Whoops, that's me

Comment

>Flat out stupid and not funny.Tired of all this crap form all pro- sports black
            >athletes. Don't mean to sound racist, but the truth is the truth.

Well sorry, but you do sound racist and it's not "the truth." See the post just above yours -- that was a white guy, as was the pole vaulter who bared his butt last summer. Anybody remember Joe Namath showboating on the sidelines in his fur jacket? Cracker from Alabama, my friend. Please think for a second before you make posts like that. I don't agree with your definition of Mo's stunt as "stupid," but please always remember that stupidity knows no racial boundaries.
            "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

>Flat out stupid and not funny.Tired of all this crap form all pro- sports black

Ithink we can all agree with that.

Comment

The instances that you give are isolated ones. Have you watched the NBA or the NFL and other instances with black sprinters, get real its a black thing and it stinks, and if it were a white thing it would still stink.

Comment

Assume stunt. Track needs this kind of stunts to get more exposure. One of the kids I teach told another kid in one of my classes that he ran so fast that his shoes was really on fire. He saw it on sportscenter and it's great to get nontrack kids talking about our sport.

Comment

I loved it!>>>

me too !
                    i always though that mo was a fun loving humorous kind of guy, but that was very funny. i dont think any of this jausting is malicious, it is just part of the pre and post race antics.
                    if everyone was a boring stiff and there were no people like mo, then nobody would watch...

Comment

Mo Greene has a deeper understanding of how to make track "popular" than most of us. Time to lighten up...

Comment

>Ithink we can all agree with that.

um, no, we can't. Very FEW people agree with that. It IS a racist comment, and as pointed out already, stupidity has no boundaries, as evidenced by your comment. And Mo's stunt was merely an attempt to generate some enthusiasm in a sport that has lost many fans. The NFL/NBA has plenty of hype already, so I can see why they need to calm things down, but we do not have enough hype. This would not be appropos at an int'n'l meet, but at this meet, it was GREAT!

Comment

Bring back the victorious golden shoes. Better yet, bring back those converse with the neon green break-dancing shoestrings.

Comment

On radio's Jim Rome Show today, the 'big call of the day' was a non-track fan calling to say he'd seen Mo Greene's shoes on fire. He said it blew away what Terrell Owens and Joe Horn did because it was light-hearted and funny. The guy said that Mo's stunt couldn't be beat. Rich Eisen, hosting for Rome said he saw it and thought it was great and would tune in to see what's next. No judgement from me, just giving a perspective from someone outside the sport.

Comment

>On radio's Jim Rome Show today, the 'big call of the day' was a non-track fan
                              >calling to say he'd seen Mo Greene's shoes on fire. He said it blew away what
                              >Terrell Owens and Joe Horn did because it was light-hearted and funny. The guy
                              >said that Mo's stunt couldn't be beat. Rich Eisen, hosting for Rome said he
                              >saw it and thought it was great and would tune in to see what's next. No
                              >judgement from me, just giving a perspective from someone outside the sport.

Rome's show usually gets it right.

Comment

Of course it's racist. This butt sure doesn't look black to me:

http://www.canoe.ca/CNEWSWeirdNews0108/23_moon-cp.html

Comment

Working...
                                X