Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blazing shoes!

I jumped up from my sofa laughing my ass off. I thought it was the funniest thing ever.

Good for Mo!
    "Who's Kidding Who?"

Comment

way to go mo//gets everybody away from the drug cheats that are stealing sports headlines.
      we should cut these stories off print/report olympic hopefulls from all sports.

what about gladiator races here.have are sprinters or any runners dress up in full suits of armour and race across infield/track.like they did 2,000 years ago.??

ask mo would he do it????????

Comment

Apparently not everyone is laughing about his stunt. I certainly did. I am hearing that the meet director is upset as the fire extinguisher may have caused damage to the track.

Comment

damage?? those foam extinguishers are pretty non-abrasive arent they?

Comment

>>Flat out stupid and not funny.Tired of all this crap form all pro- sports
            >black
            >athletes. Don't mean to sound racist, but the truth is the
            >truth.

>Ithink we can all agree with that.

um, no, we can't. Very FEW
            >people agree with that. It IS a racist comment, and as pointed out already,
            >stupidity has no boundaries, as evidenced by your comment. And Mo's stunt was
            >merely an attempt to generate some enthusiasm in a sport that has lost many
            >fans. The NFL/NBA has plenty of hype already, so I can see why they need to
            >calm things down, but we do not have enough hype. This would not be appropos at
            >an int'n'l meet, but at this meet, it was GREAT!

Your comments DEFINE STUPIDITY, running fast will generate enthusiasm , jumping high, performing at an elite level. Your not qualified to determine what is appropriate or not.

Comment

Well, looking at your login name, I must, of course, defer to your opinion. How silly of me to contradict you, Coach. However, Coach, I must point out that it's now 2004, not 1904. You full name is Barnet van Winkle?

Comment

I'm totally with Tafnut on this one...and so are the majority of posters on this thread...good grief, it's exactly what we need...some fun, some pizzaz to liven up the appeal for our dying sport!

Comment

Other than this stupid fire extinguisher routine, what else from the meet was shown on the ESPN Sports Center highlights?????

Thought so.... thank god for this "hilarious" stunt otherwise T&F would have no other coverage .... Mo made us proud.

Now if you want funny I would suggest that someone stand along the next marathon that is populated with Gallowalkers and turn a fire extinguisher on them everytime they stop to walk.

Comment

On the Saturday eleven o'clock news from a NYC affiliate (I don't recall if it was NBC or another network, but it was "network") a shattered pole during a vaulting attempt also made the news as well as Mo. That's true representation- track AND field!

Comment

Shattering poles and flaming shoes....Now if we can just get FOX to build an hour-long special around all the nutty things that have happened in T&F over the last few decades....

Comment

The javelin catching thread is a start - ouch!

Comment

I guess you missed the dog vs man long jump on FOX a few months back. It was on the same show as the 4 man midget relay team racing against a camel. (I am NOT making that up).

Comment

Don't forget Ben Johnson racing a thoroughbred in a short sprint.

Comment

>Don't forget Ben Johnson racing a thoroughbred in a short sprint.

Jesse Owens pioneered that format, by the way. Ben added in the formula one racecar (which, if I'm not mistaken, Bruny Surin also lined up against down Rue St. Catherines in Montreal). In fact, as "comical" as they seem, these stunts ARE a way to bring the general public to the sport.

Comment

I have to say that this Coach Barnet and Arnie have a-holes as tight as a snare drum.

In Europe when a soccer player scores a goal you can expect one of about 100 reactions. And when once in a while someone comes out with a new one, it normally even makes the sports page next morning. No one ever bashes it either. They know how hard it is to score, and especially in a big game, so you deserve to celebrate any way you want basically.

Actually, I can see why some track fans may not like Mo and some of the HSI antics in the past have been a bit on the arrogant side, but the shoe-burning stunt, whether planned or not, was classic. What's more, it was good for the sport.

Hell, if we can get anyone to talk about track & field without mentioning the words THG, Balco, drugs, scandal, etc. it's a positive thing.

Arnie, I know you have pent-up frustration and anger due to your name, but please blame your parents and not take it out of the rest of the world. Thanks.

Ok, T&F, if you want to delete this post, by all means, feel free.

Comment

Working...
                                X